Hello everyone, I'm new to Android from Apple but I'm having a problem nobody else seems to be having. Whenever I get a new notification every single unread message reappears on my notifications screen, I only want to see the new notification and leave the rest ignored without having to mark as read. I already tried reinstalling the app several times but nothing seems to work! Thank you for your time!!
    04-11-2019 11:23 PM
    Welcome to the forums. That's the way it works. Swiping left or right will only dismiss the notification leaving it as unread. Next time you get a notification for the same app you'll get the whole list of unread messages.

Some apps, like WhatsApp, include the option to mark a message as read from the notification banner. This can be done individually for any unread message from a single contact.
    04-12-2019 07:44 AM
    Welcome to the forums. That's the way it works. Swiping left or right will only dismiss the notification leaving it as unread. Next time you get a notification for the same app you'll get the whole list of unread messages.

Some apps, like WhatsApp, include the option to mark a message as read from the notification banner. This can be done individually for any unread message from a single contact.
    Thank you for your reply! Though I wanted to know, is there any way to swipe away permanently without having to mark as read or turning of notifications? Thank you again!
    04-13-2019 03:40 PM
    Thank you for your reply! Though I wanted to know, is there any way to swipe away permanently without having to mark as read or turning of notifications? Thank you again!
    I don't think so and, to be honest, I really prefer the way it is. You have the option to temporally dismiss a notification or mark it as read.
    04-13-2019 03:45 PM
    I don't think so and, to be honest, I really prefer the way it is. You have the option to temporally dismiss a notification or mark it as read.

My friends didn't have this problem, but I hope you have the chance to disable it in the future. Thanks a lot for your help!
    Javier P likes this.
    04-13-2019 05:29 PM