Whatsapp: Unread notifications reappear every time I get a new message

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone, I'm new to Android from Apple but I'm having a problem nobody else seems to be having. Whenever I get a new notification every single unread message reappears on my notifications screen, I only want to see the new notification and leave the rest ignored without having to mark as read. I already tried reinstalling the app several times but nothing seems to work! Thank you for your time!!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That's the way it works. Swiping left or right will only dismiss the notification leaving it as unread. Next time you get a notification for the same app you'll get the whole list of unread messages.

Some apps, like WhatsApp, include the option to mark a message as read from the notification banner. This can be done individually for any unread message from a single contact.

Shiradesu

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That's the way it works. Swiping left or right will only dismiss the notification leaving it as unread. Next time you get a notification for the same app you'll get the whole list of unread messages.

Some apps, like WhatsApp, include the option to mark a message as read from the notification banner. This can be done individually for any unread message from a single contact.

Thank you for your reply! Though I wanted to know, is there any way to swipe away permanently without having to mark as read or turning of notifications? Thank you again!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply! Though I wanted to know, is there any way to swipe away permanently without having to mark as read or turning of notifications? Thank you again!
I don't think so and, to be honest, I really prefer the way it is. You have the option to temporally dismiss a notification or mark it as read.

Shiradesu

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site
I don't think so and, to be honest, I really prefer the way it is. You have the option to temporally dismiss a notification or mark it as read.

My friends didn't have this problem, but I hope you have the chance to disable it in the future. Thanks a lot for your help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21