I downloaded Touchdown e-mail app for Android 2.0/2.1. I pretty much have it configured -- the only problem is I cannot get the program to sync/import the existing e-mails in the existing folders.

I am receiving new e-mails through push notifications, and if I drop the new e-mails in the folders, it syncs up fine. The problem is it's not pulling in the existing data.

Any advice on this issue?

I could go to our IT department -- but I want to try and get this resolved myself. Going to our IT involves help desk requests and all this other crapola, so help would be much appreciated!

FYI -- I'm have a Motorola Droid 2.1 -- it's not rooted.
    04-11-2010 12:37 PM
    Ahh, nevermind -- I figured it out through trial and error.

It was setup for connection mode to be exchange 2007. As soon as I changed the connection mode to activesync only -- everything synced up and started to work.

I have no idea why -- but it works like it should now. Any opinions?
    04-11-2010 12:46 PM
    Check your filter settings in your inbox (the funnel icon) to be sure it's set to show all mail. Also go into the advanced settings area (gear icon along the left)and be sure your message history is set appropriately. I have mine set to 120 days. That's all I can think of right now.

Edit** just saw your second post. Glad you got it fixed. Yeah it should be set to activesync. Didn't even think about that.
    04-11-2010 12:54 PM
    Check your filter settings in your inbox (the funnel icon) to be sure it's set to show all mail. Also go into the advanced settings area (gear icon along the left)and be sure your message history is set appropriately. I have mine set to 120 days. That's all I can think of right now.

Edit** just saw your second post. Glad you got it fixed. Yeah it should be set to activesync. Didn't even think about that.
    Yeah, I went into "try to change each setting until it works" (trial and error) mode. Got it workin' -- appreciate your input though, thanks!
    04-11-2010 02:19 PM
    Had I caught your post earlier, I would have told you I had the same issue with Touchdown when I first tried it. I'm not sure if there's a case where you would use something other than ActiveSync. It seems to always work, regardless of the type of Exchange server on the other end.
    04-11-2010 02:22 PM
    There are certainly Exchange servers without ActiveSync available. I think ours is one. We're a BES-only shop.

The settings really just depend on how your Exchange server is configured. It's not a one-size-fits-all world.
    04-12-2010 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD