Moving WhatsApp number to another phone (to keep same number)

adriantanpt

May 31, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone knows any way to move my entire WhatsApp installation to another Android? As I'm changing phone but I don't have the sim anymore for the current WhatsApp number hence I'm unable to get the verification code if I were to do it as normal, and I want to keep the number. I've tried searching but unable to find a previous thread which answers this.

(I understand that if the number gets recycled then I will lose it when someone uses it - that's fine)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Without that number you wont get verification code I think it's not going be possible , maybe contact WhatsApp directly and see what they say .
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone knows any way to move my entire WhatsApp installation to another Android? As I'm changing phone but I don't have the sim anymore for the current WhatsApp number hence I'm unable to get the verification code if I were to do it as normal, and I want to keep the number. I've tried searching but unable to find a previous thread which answers this.

(I understand that if the number gets recycled then I will lose it when someone uses it - that's fine)

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think you need the old number/sim

WhatsApp has a change number feature that needs the old number to start the process.

Also did you backup your old chats?

adriantanpt

May 31, 2019
Visit site
thanks for the input. I would like to keep the same number though. I've read that some people have tried rooting etc to copy some files over to the new phone that skips the verification process but it wasnt clear... so just checking if anyone knows how to do it over here.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
thanks for the input. I would like to keep the same number though. I've read that some people have tried rooting etc to copy some files over to the new phone that skips the verification process but it wasnt clear... so just checking if anyone knows how to do it over here.
If your going use same number just download the app on the new phone and make sure you have Google drive installed with same Google account and everything will restore from there, Google drive keeps the back ups .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2