Android Auto keeps turning on BT but, as soon as my phone pairs, Android Auto shuts off

Jared C

Jun 19, 2019
Visit site
Samsung S8+ and S10+ (various operating systems) in Subaru Impreza and Nissan Sentra

I've run AA on both phones in both cars over the past two years with the same problem. Quick rundown:

• Battery manager off
• BT off (tried using apps to completely disable it and the system overrides them)
• All BT related systems force stopped, caches cleared
• Connection cables tried: stock, aftermarket (everything from 7/11 to Best Buy quality)
• Tried uninstall/reinstall AA
• Tried turning off phone and restarting while plugged into running car
• Tried plugging in before and after turning car on
• Tried every combination of the aforementioned
• Turned off auti connect in AA settings
• Turned off auto connect in phone settings
• Unpaired from cars (AA automatically repairs them while I'm driving then... wait for it... causes AA to shut down)
• Yes...I tried simply plugging it in

Nobody, including the vehicle manufacturers, seems to have a clue about this when I bring it up. Either I'm a new kind of stupid and doing something very basic wrong, or this is a more common problem than people report.

Seems like there's no point in having a hands free system which doesn't work without you constantly manipulating it while driving.

What few related issues I do find online get a few basic answers ("try plugging in the phone without BT on" or "try disabling BT" and the person asking the question gives up.

Anything? Anyone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta