Opera Mobile Help?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So I have finally settled on a web browser for my phone, Opera Mobile. It is just the smoothest android browser out there, plus I'm used to the controls because I used Opera Mini on my old feature phone. One of it's greatest features is the home screen speed dial. I hate, however, that you don't have the option to change the thumbnail of the speed dial. The thumbnail obviously is stored somewhere, but I don't know where! I think I've gotten somewhere, but I can't find it on my SD Card. When I go to opera:config, I can go into some of the configuration files for the browser, and I see the thumbnail files. I can only fond these files on my phone, through the web browser, though, so I can't be sure and I can't edit them. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
So I backed up the app with Titanium Backup, and ripped it open on my computer. I found that the file path to the icons is data\data\com.opera.browser\op era\etc\6. In that folder there are a bunch of files. See a picture HERE. If you rename the "IMG" to IMG.png, and will show the speed dial images. I got the pictures I wanted, and made sure they were the EXACT same size, put the new ones in backup, and restored on my phone and... nothing. Any suggestions? I really want to figure this out!

Last edited: