Copy LG apps LG G2 to OnePlus6

c843861

Jul 9, 2019
Visit site
Hi guy’s, I was wondering if any one can tell he if it is possible to copy a couple of LG apps from an old LG G2 phone running Android 5.0.2 to a new OnePlus 6 running Android 9.0.7.
I would really like to copy the Contacts, Messaging, File manager Phone & Gallery apps if possible. I have tried to copy the *.apk files for some of these apps over to the phone and execute them but this fails. I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to try next. Is this even possible & can anyone suggest anything ? Thanks.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Your best/only option is to use an app backup tool to do it, but the apps may be coded to only run on LG devices to prevent exactly what you're trying to do. Much in the same way macOS is only licensed for use on Apple-sold hardware, the LG apps may only be licensed for LG hardware (this would be in the agreement you agreed to when first booting the device). Even more - those apps are designed for older versions of Android and may not be compatible with Pie (9.0, there is no 9.0.7 which may be a OnePlus designation).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. If an app is already installed (all the ones you named, except File Manager, should be installed on any Android phone), you'd have to uninstall it before installing another app of the same name. (You may be able to uninstall Gallery, but you'd have to root the phone to uninstall the rest.)

1a. On reflection, if the apps were installed as parts of GApps, you may be able to uninstall them, if OP didn't convert them to system apps. (OP phones don't come with Google apps, they're added for markets outside of China.)

2. Uninstalling an app uninstalls its data, so uninstalling Messaging might delete all your texts. The rest are backed up (make sure all your contacts are - go to Google Contacts to see. Any not entered as Google contacts won't back up.)

3. And, as hallux said, some of them may not work on a non-LG phone.