How does Android Messages latest version compare to 2018?

migs_inc

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
About 12-16 months ago, in an effort to use a texting app that had a web component and did not require others to have the same app, I tried Android Messages for a couple of months. I found it very glitchy. It would freeze every week or so, and the web interface would crash often. I switched to Pulse SMS which, save for a few minor stalls, has worked fairly well.

That said, Pulse will not deploy RCS any time soon, so I am considering a return to Android Messages. I have a Samsung Galaxy 10+ on Verizon.

Do those of you who use Android Messages find it more stable than a year ago? Is it functioning as you need? Appreciate the feedback.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I found it stable a year ago, and it still is. It may depend on what else is running in your phone at the same time. I always close my apps when I'm done using them (Back button), most people don't (Home button), which leaves them running.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Messages. Maybe you have read about Google making RCS a part of Messages. Once activated in the USA it won't matter which carrier one has. Looking forward to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs