I just discovered this and am wondering how I make sure this is my default home launcher. I'm using Gingerbread on an unrouted Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    06-24-2011 03:21 AM
    I just discovered this and am wondering how I make sure this is my default home launcher. I'm using Gingerbread on an unrouted Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I'm rooted and I just removed the other launcher on my phone so there are no issues, having said that.

Home switcher for froyo says it is gingerbread ready, might give it a shot.
    06-24-2011 03:55 AM
    Press the home button.

It'll either load launcherpro, load your stock launcher, or offer you a choice with acheckmar to optionally make your choice the default.

If you have a different default, you can either use that home launcher switcher or go to settings, applications, manage applications, all applications, find the one that'x currently default (usually plainly called "launcher", or in the case of HTC, "rosie" , not sure what motorola calls their launcher), tap on it then clear defaults.

Next time you press home, you'll be presented with the choice.

And this goes for ANY app that wants to be a default (dolphin browser, gosms pro, skype, etc). If you change your mind you can always clear defaults and get to choose a default action again.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    06-24-2011 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD