Some Tasker Help please

yoda417

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Tasker and trying to get my Wi-Fi to shut off automatically when I leave my house. I've tried using the network location but only have one tower that I'm using at home so that gives me too big of an area where it would be on and I don't want to use GPS. I've tried shutting it down when it doesn't sense my SSID but haven't had any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, you'd have to use one of the location profiles like GPS or cell tower to do that if it's based solely on leaving a location.

You might consider something else though. Do you use Tasker to start any other programs or anything when you normally leave your house? Before Slacker was updated a couple of months ago, Slacker would always hang up on me if I started the program in the house where I had WiFi and then took it on the road out of WiFi range. Since I only listen to Slacker on the android in the car as a rule, I set up a profile to disable WiFi whenever the Slacker app loaded. Worked like a charm. So if there's something else you routinely have Tasker make your phone do when you leave home, you could also piggyback shutting off WiFi with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22