I'm trying to use tasker to set a variable for minimalistic text to show me the ssid of whatever wifi network i'm connected to.

I can't seem to figure it out. There are too many options in tasker!!

Thanks in advance.
    06-24-2011 02:29 PM
    I'm trying to use tasker to set a variable for minimalistic text to show me the ssid of whatever wifi network i'm connected to.

I can't seem to figure it out. There are too many options in tasker!!

Thanks in advance.
    Ok. I managed to get my tasker to display "WIFI ON" and the SSID of the network underneath now when I'm connected, and the ON switches to OFF when I'm disconnected, as well as the network name going away.

Now here is something more complicated that I can't figure out. When the wifi status says OFF, I want it to be red instead of green, and when I switch from one network to another, it still shows the first networks SSID instead of switching to the new one.

Any ideas of how to do either of these fixes?

Here's a screenshot btw.
    06-24-2011 08:41 PM

As you can see I got it to work, but I have 2 more things I want to do with it.

1. I want to have the wifi status to be red when it says OFF (I can't figure out how to do that)
    2. When I change networks from one, right to the other, I want it to say the name of the new network (Instead of keeping the previous one)

Any ideas?
    06-24-2011 08:42 PM

As you can see I got it to work, but I have 2 more things I want to do with it.

1. I want to have the wifi status to be red when it says OFF (I can't figure out how to do that)
    2. When I change networks from one, right to the other, I want it to say the name of the new network (Instead of keeping the previous one)

Any ideas?
    Out of curiosity, how did you get the SSID? I've seen a couple ways of getting it from %WIFII, but they seem inelegant.

For the updating the displayed SSID, you could set a context that is "Wifi connected to %SSID". When it exits, it updates both %SSID and MinimalText.
    07-13-2011 01:45 PM
    Set %SSIDD to %WIFII. Then variable split it at "<<<" and check the delete box. Split the result of the previous split which is %SSIDD1 at "Mac:", then also check the delete box. Now set %SSID, to the result of the split, which is %SSIDD21. Clear out %SSIDD1 and %SSIDD21. Then set the minimalistic text
    07-13-2011 08:56 PM
    To %ssid. This forum is very buggy on my phone.
    07-13-2011 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD