Voice notes/messages stops at one second

pistone sanjama

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
When recording a voice note it is stopping at one second. I can record a 30 second voice note but after am done and hit send it trims itself to one second every time and when you play the one second it is like static. I tried clearing cache, uninstalling it but nothing is changing. I also tried recording voice notes in other apps and built in recorder it's working fine as well. What's app is given full permission and all also. Am using HMD's Global nokia 6 unlocked version running android pie.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When recording a voice note it is stopping at one second. I can record a 30 second voice note but after am done and hit send it trims itself to one second every time and when you play the one second it is like static. I tried clearing cache, uninstalling it but nothing is changing. I also tried recording voice notes in other apps and built in recorder it's working fine as well. What's app is given full permission and all also. Am using HMD's Global nokia 6 unlocked version running android pie.
Hi, welcome!
The phone came with this voice recording app ?

Axel Van Dyck

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
Have you found any solution? Having the exact same issue and it's driving me nuts. Tried everything even hard reset like 3 times and nothing.

DevelHawks

Apr 26, 2020
Visit site
Hey I might have solved it. I disabled "Hey Google" or "Ok Google" voice command on Assistant settings and it's working great so far.

Hi, just to provide an additional feedback I've tried after reading your post (thanks!): I had the same issue, i.e. my recorded voice notes missed the first few seconds or had the first part not hearable by the recipient or last only 1 second even if they are longer.
My phone is a Nokia 6, Android 9 with Jan 2020 updates - no phone rooting/unlocking.

I've tried reinstalling Whatsapp, blocking allowing microphone access to whatsapp, clear cache and data... nothing worked.

Then, after reading of problems with "Hey Google", I solved by clearing both Google's voice synthesis data and Google app data & cache. Maybe clearing storage data only for Google app is enough, but now it's too late for me to check ;)

Shabina Ch

Dec 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi welcome to AC!
OP didn't respond after asking if it was resolved , another member tried disabled Google assistant , have you tried that and which phone you have ?

Yes i tried but it didn't work. I tried resetting also. Other all apps working well only what'sapp voice note when i am sending its going for only 1 sec

Shabina Ch

Dec 9, 2021
Visit site
Re: ce notes/messages stops at one second

Update , nothing worked i even tried to contact what'sapp help center but they wasted my 5 days and at the end they said we are aware of this issue and trying to solve it