Post your HandCent themes

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I have mine set to the Hero Skin, Black Application Theme, and Handcent Classic Conversation Style with custom colors for the fades in the bubbles. I also picked the carbon fiber background from the default backgrounds that come with the phone. I also changed the divider lines to a lime green.

---

I really like the carbon background because its not too wild that it distracts me but its more than just a solid color. What do you guys think?

I would love to see yours.
dannzeman

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Go to the Background Setting and enable Use Picture, the Select Picture.

When I do this, I dont get the option to select any of the native backgrounds that were installed to the device on production. I only get any pics I've added or the wallpapers I've downloaded, etc. Not sure how to get that carbon looking screen to show up.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I would love to post a pic but I'm not sure how to take a screenshot. I keep getting notices saying my phone has to be 'rooted'... whatever that is heh.
I am new to the whole android thing if you can't tell ;)

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
When I do this, I dont get the option to select any of the native backgrounds that were installed to the device on production. I only get any pics I've added or the wallpapers I've downloaded, etc. Not sure how to get that carbon looking screen to show up.
The carbon wallpaper is one that comes on the Hero. When you tell Handcent you want to use a picture as the background it should take you to a list of all the albums on your device, which should include the default wallpapers.

I would love to post a pic but I'm not sure how to take a screenshot. I keep getting notices saying my phone has to be 'rooted'... whatever that is heh.
I am new to the whole android thing if you can't tell ;)
No worries. You can download the sdk and take a screen shot by connecting your device to your computer. I know that method is posted here somewhere. If not, just google search for how to take a screenshot on android.

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
The carbon wallpaper is one that comes on the Hero. When you tell Handcent you want to use a picture as the background it should take you to a list of all the albums on your device, which should include the default wallpapers.

No worries. You can download the sdk and take a screen shot by connecting your device to your computer. I know that method is posted here somewhere. If not, just google search for how to take a screenshot on android.

Interesting. When I go to select pictures, I do not get the option to select from the stock Wallpaper Gallery. The only time I can select those options is if I hit menu>wallpapers>albums or wallpaper gallery. They do not show up for me in my pictures anywhere else.

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
within handcent -> settings -> bubble setting -> use picture (check it off) -> select picture, then use your walpaper directory for the carbon fibre look.

jose2020

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
hope you dont mind but im going to use your theme, perfect colors imo, any chance you can take shots of your gradient settings? I can seem to get my chat bubble colors exactly like yours.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to theme HandCent so that it looks like the default messaging app?
I would love to use HandCent for its added functionality, but the default app just looks better IMO.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
That's what messaging on pre-2.0 phones looked like? I'm sorry.

I meant messaging on the Droid. Should'a clarified that.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Oh I didn't know that lol. They looked the same to me. The stock Droid and the Android Handcent layout option I mean. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help to you.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
It's ok. One of the things i really like about the default messaging app is how when you first start typing a message, the box for text entry is only one line, and as you go, it expands up to 4 lines. Little things like that which make it manage screen real estate really well. I like being able to see as much of the message I'm replying to as possible in landscape mode.

I'm sure it'll happen eventually. I can wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18