Post your HandCent themes

kyoon19

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I haven't searched but i am sure unrooting is as easy as rooting. I would not worry about warranty because it's not like putting an aftermarket turbocharger on your car.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I really like the customization of Handscent … I pretty much don’t have a theme going on cuz I use a different custom screen for the people I text the most … I do have a default texting screen but my 10 or so most texted peeps have their own customization for each person .

Tash2311

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Changing bubble colors

I am probably overlooking this setting but can anyone tell me where And how to change the colors of the bubbles in the hand cent app? Thanks!

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I think theming in Handcent is awesome, however after toying around with it I prefer the standard black text on white background because all those theming is very distracting and can be difficult when trying to read a text while glancing at it on the train or walking down the sidewalk, I also have it set to standard line by line instead of bubble chat.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Just found this thread .. Here are my Handcent screens

snap20100302_113958Medium.png

O_O that is exactly my theme (almost). Same background picture, same sender/recipient color bubbles. Only difference is the font and the fact that I have it show contact pictures. I also have it set to hero theme instead of iPhone, but that's just a darker shade of gray so it's barely a difference :/ Still...weird

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, i have an unrooted aria and I can use it just fine. heres mine

2ztgaaw.png

setyds.png

how are you all changing the background for the "home" screen where all the convos show up? like in the first pic? i found the setting to change the background of the actual conversation, but not where they are all listed. thanks!

nevermind i found it.

Last edited:

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, i have an unrooted aria and I can use it just fine.
same deal. I'm betting first update will disable this feature as well. So by all means if you can use this app do so but know that its a loop hold thats more than likely gonna get fixed and block access. Wish this came standard for all phones though. Android is the only OS that dose not allow screen capture. Weird if you ask me.

shellzda1

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
woo hoo

I have mine set to the Hero Skin, Black Application Theme, and Handcent Classic Conversation Style with custom colors for the fades in the bubbles. I also picked the carbon fiber background from the default backgrounds that come with the phone. I also changed the divider lines to a lime green.

I love Handcent, never realized I could use pics for the background. I thought I could just use colors. I am gonna spend all day tweaking this,lol. Thanks soooo much!!! :D

ZeeraF#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
okay im having a lil issue , maybe its me and im doing something wrong but i just got my evo (0004 , 3.30.651.3) and ive tried changing the skins and nothing happens . everything still looks the same . am i doing something wrong ?????