A program like "POYNT" for android?

mondogecko

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering there is a all in one search program for the droid. like the Poynt program for blackberry. It would be very nice. it has movie search, white pages, close restaurants, close shopping, and more. Any ideas? thanks

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Coming from BB I too miss Poynt. I've found Where does a pretty nice job, though if you want some fun with choosing restaurants, try out UrbanSpoon.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

WHERE
by WHERE, Inc.
>250,000 downloads, 28030 ratings (4.4 avg)
Free
rating9.png

chart

Top link to check out the app @appbrain, scan the code with your phone to DL it from the market.

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I miss Poynt. Where doesn't come close and Geodelic missed alot, The Yellow Book app comes the closest. Good for looking up businesses, but doesn't do what Poynt did. Did email them about coming to android, but never got a reply.

JawKnee37

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd be surprised if they didn't have an Android version in the futuer; they better that's for sure! I really miss it. I'm using WHERE, and definitely find it inferior.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you given Google Now a good chance recently? I used to have poynt on a BB and I find Google Now much better, especially since it's baked right into the device. Condition: you have to have location services enabled to get the most out of it.