I installed aTAKEphone on the new EVO 3D because I like that dialer over stock. Inadvertently, when asked the first time whether I wanted the stock app or takephone to be the default dialer, I clicked on the stock app. Now, even after uninstalling/reinstalling the app, I don't get the option to make it my default dialer. I've gone to the dialer app in manager applications, and there's no option to clear defaults for that app, just an option to clear all data, which makes me a tad nervous.

Anyone know how I can get an option to make atakephone my default dialer again?
    06-26-2011 07:52 PM
    I installed aTAKEphone on the new EVO 3D because I like that dialer over stock. Inadvertently, when asked the first time whether I wanted the stock app or takephone to be the default dialer, I clicked on the stock app. Now, even after uninstalling/reinstalling the app, I don't get the option to make it my default dialer. I've gone to the dialer app in manager applications, and there's no option to clear defaults for that app, just an option to clear all data, which makes me a tad nervous.

Anyone know how I can get an option to make atakephone my default dialer again?
    Hi,

Try deleting aTAKEphONE. Then reset the phone. Then press the PHONE button. Then install aTAKEphONE. Then try the PHONE button again.

Shimon
    06-26-2011 11:05 PM
    Didn't work, but thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll just use the app's widget on the lock screen and always originate calls from the lockscreen rather than the home screen.
    06-27-2011 07:29 PM
    Didn't work, but thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll just use the app's widget on the lock screen and always originate calls from the lockscreen rather than the home screen.
    Strange.

What device is this ? with what version of the Android OS ?
    06-28-2011 04:09 AM
    Try installing another dialer and see if that brings the chooser dialog back? Also did you check in manage applications if you could clear defaults for atakephone?

I remember having the same issue with skype and android 2.1, I think it was fixed by un/reinstalling Skype, in my case.
    06-28-2011 04:31 AM
    It's the new EVO 3D, with whatever OS it launched with. 2.3.something. Don't have the phone with me. I should have thought of trying to install a third dialer. In manage apps, it doesn't let me clear defaults in atakephone, nor in the native dialer. It will let me clear all data in the dialer, which makes me nervous because I have no idea what kind of data we're talking about and if it's important. If it's just call logs and stuff, no big deal.
    06-28-2011 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD