Groove IP & Juice Defender (Optimus V)

Mean Dean

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey there! Total Android n00b.... just got an Optimus V, and I've already started filling it up with apps... perhaps not the best idea, since I don't know what I'm doing, but I did it anyway. Two questions.

1. I'm using Groove IP to handle my phone calls. I also have Juice Defender Ultimate. Given that I naturally could get a phone call at any time, how can I ensure that Juice Defender doesn't disconnect Groove IP, even if I haven't used it recently?

(From looking at the descriptions of the Juice Defender features, I thought that configuring Groove IP as "enable - screen off" would be sufficient, but it seems like it's a little more complicated than that.)

2. This seems like a bit of a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I also have an iPod touch (4th generation, no 3G). Would it be better to run the Optimus as a hotspot, and use Talkatone instead? (And if I did, again, how would I ensure that Juice Defender didn't shut down the hotspot?)

Thanks a million for any help!

alc2077

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am curious, how well is the Groove IP working for you on the LG optimus V as far as voice quality? I am thinking of switch to Virgin Mobile when the mot triumph launches & will be using groove IP as my primary dialer. Thanks in advance

daneubauer

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey there! Total Android n00b.... just got an Optimus V, and I've already started filling it up with apps... perhaps not the best idea, since I don't know what I'm doing, but I did it anyway. Two questions.

1. I'm using Groove IP to handle my phone calls. I also have Juice Defender Ultimate. Given that I naturally could get a phone call at any time, how can I ensure that Juice Defender doesn't disconnect Groove IP, even if I haven't used it recently?

(From looking at the descriptions of the Juice Defender features, I thought that configuring Groove IP as "enable - screen off" would be sufficient, but it seems like it's a little more complicated than that.)

2. This seems like a bit of a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I also have an iPod touch (4th generation, no 3G). Would it be better to run the Optimus as a hotspot, and use Talkatone instead? (And if I did, again, how would I ensure that Juice Defender didn't shut down the hotspot?)

Thanks a million for any help!

I was in the same situation that you are in and I found that if you put JuiceDefender into Interactive mode (Triggers tab, enable apps, enable interactive) and try dialing out with grooveip that JuiceDefender will popup and ask what you want to do for both the main grooveip app and its dialer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2