File Manager for Android

Andrewjmarino

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Hello

What is the current consensus (is there one?) on a reliable File Manager for an Android (Samsung A50S)?
I do not think that I need anything too sophisticated like FTP, Root control etc.
Something where I can easily manage, move, add, delete find files when needed.

A proper Recycle Bin that works on both internal/SD would be great. ES File Explorer Pro that I had did not put deleted items from the SD card into the Recycle Bin.

As usual, no bloatware, no hidden malware or tricks. I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee for a no-ad version and would prefer a "western" app developer.

I was using the ES File Explorer Pro only to find out that they have been banned and banished.

Thanks
Andrew

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Although it doesn't have a Recycle Bin, I always recommend Total Commander, which is free and ad-free, and well-supported by the dev.

Pukat

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the ASUS File Manager for day to day stuff, it does have a recycle bin, dark mode, lets me see cloud drives and network locations on my home network NAS too. Nice interface, too.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried the Samsung My Files app? If you dislike it, then my recommendation would be Total Commander.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney