I noticed the caller ID at home will actually tell you who is calling even if you don't have their name and number programed into your phone.

But when it comes to cell phones, it only display the phone number unless you have their name and phone number programed in your phone.

So is there an app available that tells you who is calling even if you do not have their name programed into your Android phone?
    06-30-2011 09:31 AM
    There are numerous Caller ID apps in the Market:
    Call Butler;
    Realtime Phonebook;
    CallerID;
    Realtime Phonebook;
    Caller Identification App and many more.

The issue with these is that they need internet access to search their database to identify the number. This can take some time if you are on 3G or even 4G and by the time it finds the info you missed the call.

Doc
    06-30-2011 11:11 AM
    The issue with these is that they need internet access to search their database to identify the number. This can take some time if you are on 3G or even 4G and by the time it finds the info you missed the call.

Doc
    I'm with Doc on this one. The apps listed search the web and plug in an associated name with the number. Only useful to know who may have called after the call is missed. Also, it will mainly work for companies/people who publicly lists the number on the internet.
    06-30-2011 01:29 PM
    I noticed the caller ID at home will actually tell you who is calling even if you don't have their name and number programed into your phone.
    Yup -- that is a difference with CID on landlines and cell phones in most cases. It really depends on what the companies have worked out with each other.

As stated above, there are apps that can lookup CID info but, obviously, they need data as the info you're looking for isn't provided to your carrier along with the incoming call.
    07-01-2011 07:30 AM
    ok... Thanks!
    07-25-2011 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD