Samsung pay compatibility

neekweez77

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So I got a fancy pants new watch (well new to me, still an older model), but it won't do some of the fancy pants things I want it to do. So far I'm just having an issue with Samsung pay. I use it on my phone all the time (Galaxy s10e), and this watch (gear s2 classic) is supposed to be able to do it too. It keeps telling me it's not compatible with my phone? Why is that?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey @mustang7757, can you move this to the Gear S2 forum.

Welcome to Android Central!

Does Samsung Pay work at all on the Gear S2? The S2 doesn't have MST which is required for certain terminals that do not have NFC payment capabilities. Have you tried on a card reader that works with Google Pay or Apple Pay?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the note 10+ and the s2 classic. No problems at all using the watch where nfc is available. Even though I do not have the exact same phone, it is very similar. Do you have the Galaxy Wearable installed? does it show your credit/debit cards on both your phone and watch? are your phones notifications showing on the watch? Is the watch syncing otherwise? If yes, then the watch is compatible with your phone. AND if it was Samssung pay that was not compatible, no way would the watch and phone sync card info. As previously mentioned, sounds like you could be trying mst and the watch don't have it.

neekweez77

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Wearable is installed, I can't even get to the point of showing cards on the watch, I'm getting all my notifications on my watch, and is synced. Can I add pics? It might be easier to show what I mean. When I go to set up pay on my watch, it tells me to sign in to pay on my phone, but then gives me an error message that it's not compatible.