Ok, I hope this is going to make sense.

A year ago when I got my EVO, I used one of my gmail accounts I had reserved for signing up for things that I figured would spam me a lot and stuff like that. I didn't realize at the time how tightly integrated everything was and have been regretting it for quite awhile now that I made that the "primary" account on the phone that the market and everything is tied to.

So now I am planning on factory-resetting the thing in order to tie my "real" gmail account to it. This has been a long time coming. I realize I'll have to repurchase my apps and stuff, but I'd rather take two steps back in order to move forward.

Anyways, onto my question. I was planning on backing up all my apps with Titanium Backup (in order to keep my saved games and stuff like that) but I don't think I can just back up the data only.

So when I factory reset and restore my Titanium backup, what is going to happen? Will all the apps be there and functional, or what? If that is the case, I realize the market won't recognize I've purchased anything (so I'll repurchase/download anyways just to continue to get the updates).

I'm just a little concerned what happens when I restore the Titanium Backup onto my factory-reset phone, especially since the primary account will be different than what it currently is.

Any advice?
    07-02-2011 07:36 PM
    I'm not sure with titanium, but I know My Backup Root has an option to either save the apk + data or just the application data. I haven't tried saving just the data though, you might want to check it out.

If you do..
    After you hit backup you will choose either "applications and media" or "data"
    Choose apps & media. Once you select your apps you will have the option for apks + data or data only
    07-03-2011 07:24 PM