HTC themed Swype keyboard

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been discussed here yet but I haven't seen any threads on it. I came across this and figured I'd share my findings. You can now use swype and skin it with the HTC styled skin. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it could make swype even more user friendly. One down side for some of you is that your phone must be rooted. Have fun and enjoy.

Download: HTC_IME Theme for Swype | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I haven't used swipe since the first beta so out of curiosity is it significantly better than the original beta. My biggest issue with the version I used was the speed of typing when tapping keys instead of swiping. Has that improved? Right now I'm using smart keyboard but how would you guys say it stands compared to smart keyboard, functionality wise.

cableguynoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried used Smart Keyboard, but swype is so great, i dont need to try other keyboards?

Why would you need to type by tapping keys? The only time i do it is to add a work into the dictionary, like slang words i use. But after about a week of regular texting, i hardly ever have to do it anymore.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
web sites as well as writing words that are not in the dictionary

True, but Swype is at least smart enough to not put spaces in when you're swyping in the address bar, not to mention the shortcut for every major website extension out there. (Seriously, try swyping ".com", ".gov", or ".net". It works.)

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
True, but Swype is at least smart enough to not put spaces in when you're swyping in the address bar, not to mention the shortcut for every major website extension out there. (Seriously, try swyping ".com", ".gov", or ".net". It works.)

I noticed that... that's not the only time it's smart enough to do that either.

Usually email fields as well.

I think I'll try this keyboard in a few.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I had Swype installed on my Sprint Hero, and loved it, but when I had to get my phone swapped out due to dust under the screen, I'm unable to download Swype again - tells me the device is not the one they have it connected to. I'm trying out Shapewriter, but it doesn't seem to work nearly as well as Swype. Maybe I just need to practice some more with it.