Hi
    I dont know if this is possible or if it even exists but I like convienence, having to plug a cable into my phone every time I sit in the car is a pain. Is there not something that exists, such as a wireless mount for inside a car, that is always connected to USB inside car but connects wirelessly to my phone but instead of charging, acts as data transfer instead, in order to use Android Auto?
    I want to use Android Auto wirelessly but the system in my car is the older version, doesnt even have WiFI let alone 5ghz WiFi
    10-12-2020 07:57 AM
    Something like this?
    https://9to5google.com/2020/09/07/an...ongle-project/

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    10-12-2020 08:31 AM
    [Moved this to Android Auto Forums]
    10-12-2020 09:23 AM
    I think he meant something more along the lines of a Bluetooth dongle - that's how phones normally connect to head units.

To the original poster, please create an account so you can post to this thread. Anonymous posters can't post to existing threads to ask follow-up questions.
    10-15-2020 04:00 PM
    I think he meant something more along the lines of a Bluetooth dongle - that's how phones normally connect to head units.
    There is a wireless Android Auto capability, but the vehicle needs to support it. I think the OP was looking for a way to retrofit it with a mount that the phone connects to with wireless but the mount is connected to the car with USB.
    10-16-2020 11:42 AM