Does any one know how to fix an inverted android head unit screen ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am currently having issues with my android head unit. As it’s inverted. The words are backwards and upside down. The touch is also opposite

amo16

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Thanks you for responding. I bought the car a year ago and the head unit was removed to complete some work. I recently installed it and the screen is inverted and backwards . If I touch the left the right is being touched. I’m not sure as to the brand. I’m looking and I’m not seeing . However I’ll provide a photo .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My guess is something got damaged or disrupted when it was removed. No-name or off-brand Android head units tend to be low quality and get little-to-no support from the manufacturer, so there may not be much you can do about it. If you're good at tinkering, you could try taking it apart to check the screen connection.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No-name or off-brand Android head units tend to be low quality...

As if there's any other kind of Android head units?

Something was definitely connected wrong inside the radio (this isn't something that would be the result of a bad install), but I'd rather go back to an OEM stock radio than try to figure that one out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As if there's any other kind of Android head units?

Something was definitely connected wrong inside the radio (this isn't something that would be the result of a bad install), but I'd rather go back to an OEM stock radio than try to figure that one out.

LOL that's true. But didn't Kenwood make some Android head units (before they started making Android Auto head units)?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
LOL that's true. But didn't Kenwood make some Android head units (before they started making Android Auto head units)?
Not that I'm aware of. I don't follow car audio as close as I used to, so maybe they did at some point? I window shop now and then, and I've not seen any of the major name brands selling Android OS based units. It's always the no name brands on Amazon, eBay, Wish, etc that run Android.

amo16

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
It has a reset button. I tried doing that. All the wires are connected properly. It was working perfectly. I started the car after reinstall and that’s what happened. After reset it comes back to the same place

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It has a reset button. I tried doing that. All the wires are connected properly. It was working perfectly. I started the car after reinstall and that’s what happened. After reset it comes back to the same place
So it did work correctly before?

What sort of work was being done to the car that required removing and reinstalling it? It looks like someone partly disassembled the radio itself, then put it back together with the screen flipped top to bottom, but I don't know if that's even possible without other signs of improper assembly.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If reset button didn't work then its a bad unit

amo16

Oct 29, 2021
Visit site
Yes the unit worked correctly before. No issues touch was fine display was normal. I am the one who removed the unit and I was the one who reinstalled it. It wasn’t taken apart as it was stored in a very safe place as well. The card was being given cleaned and the got a paint job . I didn’t wanted to vapor from the paint job to blow onto the screen. The seats and all were removed. And re assembled

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez