07-07-2015 03:00 PM
69 123
tools
    Even with the cable in the correct USB slot the voice parts are not working.
    04-14-2015 12:31 PM
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon this topic on Google after I was experiencing issues with my newly acquired 4100NEX not grabbing a connection via through Android Auto on my Galaxy S5 (just got done an hour ago updating the firmware to 1.03). Has anybody tried using the Pioneer CD-MU200 cable in USB2 for their Samsung Galaxy S5's on these listed models?:
    AVIC-8100NEX
    AVIC-7100NEX
    AVH-4100NEX

Because according to Pioneer that cable has to be hooked up to the USB2 port due to it only recognizing android devices from that port.. whereas USB1 port only recognizes Apple devices.

Yes, I have the 8100 with their recommended cable in the correct port and an s5 from Verizon. Same problem as everyone else, no voice.
    04-14-2015 01:04 PM
    Dumb question, but is S Voice turned off?
    04-14-2015 02:46 PM
    Dumb question, but is S Voice turned off?
    Mine is completely disabled. When I double click the home button the Ok Google speech bar flashes for a second like it wants to kick in. This has to be something Samsung has done to disable Google voice from taking over from their S voice. I keep reading it is a Verizon issue but I still think it will be found to be a Samsung issue as I am yet to meet or see a post from anyone with an S5 or Note from any provider that functions properly. Info is obviously limited though with the population of users. This will probably take 6 months to fix until there are more people to ***** and moan about it.
    04-14-2015 03:35 PM
    Mine is completely disabled. When I double click the home button the Ok Google speech bar flashes for a second like it wants to kick in. This has to be something Samsung has done to disable Google voice from taking over from their S voice. I keep reading it is a Verizon issue but I still think it will be found to be a Samsung issue as I am yet to meet or see a post from anyone with an S5 or Note from any provider that functions properly. Info is obviously limited though with the population of users. This will probably take 6 months to fix until there are more people to ***** and moan about it.
    Antagonist_prime has a note 3 running lollipop on sprint that is working with the 4100nex. His post is in the galaxy s6 not working thread.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-14-2015 06:38 PM
    Originally posted in first impression thread....

S5 active from AT&T has no voice command issues. Works great.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 10:44 AM
    Originally posted in first impression thread....

S5 active from AT&T has no voice command issues. Works great.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Well, that blows my idea out of the water. I wonder what Verizon has done to the OS.
    04-16-2015 10:46 AM
    So glad I stumbled on this thread. I just tried buying that stupid MU cable which I'm 90% sure is just a USB extension cable and nothing happened. I guess now I just get to be angry at Samsung and Google - And myself for being an early adopter.
    04-16-2015 12:37 PM
    Not just Verizon has this problem, but my S5 on Sprint too.
    04-17-2015 11:30 PM
    Not just Verizon has this problem, but my S5 on Sprint too.
    after reading the Galaxy S5 FAQ that is linked the Galaxy S5 forum here, there are so many versions of that phone, it's staggering. Verizon has done so much to the OS atop what Samsung has done that both their and ATT's S5 might as well be on an island. all of the upgrades, fixes etc. come from them. On that same document the S5 Active looks like one of the few that ends up being "pure Samsung" even on ATT (I think the only place where you can get it)
    04-18-2015 09:57 PM
    I finally got my android auto working 100% today, then I hit the mode button on my steering wheel (cycles through av inputs), and voice stopped working. So similar to what everyone else had been saying the voice would try to kick in, no sound, no mic working. I thought it has been working before, yet it now doesn't work makes no sense. Tried restarting 4100nex, tried restarting my phone, no luck. In the end I uninstalled android auto, and reinstalled it again using the apk file I downloaded. Perhaps try downloading the apk version of the app as it worked for me.

FYI: I have a samsung galaxy s5, not unlocked on rogers in Canada. I have an american purchased car and american purchased 4100nex.
    I downloaded the apk file and installed it that way.

Btw, a fully working android auto is just unreal! Hope this helps some get theirs working!

Another note: I noticed a difference between using the standard usb 2.0 cable versus the usb 3.0 cable, the 3.0 cable definitely worked better, and has to be used in usb port 2 on the 4100nex.
    el2ok1217 likes this.
    04-19-2015 07:22 PM
    I am also having issues with my Sprint Galaxy S5.... When i plug it in to the USB port #2 , the android auto logo pops up on my stereo AVH-4100NEX from Pioneer however when i click on it, it says something about(Android auto cannot connect right now. When it is safe to do so, please check your android phone.) And my phone says... (Your Device cannot support Android Auto)... I'm just hoping their will be an update soon so I can use Android Auto!!!
    04-22-2015 04:24 PM
    I am also having issues with my Sprint Galaxy S5.... When i plug it in to the USB port #2 , the android auto logo pops up on my stereo AVH-4100NEX from Pioneer however when i click on it, it says something about(Android auto cannot connect right now. When it is safe to do so, please check your android phone.) And my phone says... (Your Device cannot support Android Auto)... I'm just hoping their will be an update soon so I can use Android Auto!!! Has anyone else came across this issue?????????????
    04-22-2015 04:26 PM
    What is the link i can go to, to try and download the android app via apk file?
    04-22-2015 04:32 PM
    What is the link i can go to, to try and download the android app via apk file?
    Your experience sounds the same as mine.

To get rid of your "Android Auto Can Not Connect Right Now" message, make sure your parking brake is applied (or that you have a bypass that mimics the parking brake function).

I think the most important thing to have updated for Android Auto right now is Google Play Services. Since you're on a Sprint S5, you may not have the issues those of us on VZW are with AA. Check your version by going into Settings > Applications > Application Manager to find Google Play Services and find the version you're on. If you're on 7.3 and above you just might be ready to go.
    el2ok1217 likes this.
    04-23-2015 08:41 AM
    I currently have a bypass install to my Pioneer stereo. I just re-installed Android Auto and I have verified that my (Google Play Services is 7.3) I will give it another try when I get out of work and give you guys updates As I Hopefully get it to work *Crossing Fingers*
    04-23-2015 05:14 PM
    *UPDATE*.... So i tried connecting my phone via USB 3.0 cable and still given the same issue. Looks like the Sprint Galaxy S5 is just not compatible with the service of Android Auto just YET... I say Yet because I'm just hoping there's a firmware update soon that will fix the problem. I will keep you guys updated once i get it up and running!!! =)
    04-24-2015 11:54 AM
    Your experience sounds the same as mine.I

To get rid of your "Android Auto Can Not Connect Right Now" message, make sure your parking brake is applied (or that you have a bypass that mimics the parking brake function).

I think the most important thing to have updated for Android Auto right now is Google Play Services. Since you're on a Sprint S5, you may not have the issues those of us on VZW are with AA. Check your version by going into Settings > Applications > Application Manager to find Google Play Services and find the version you're on. If you're on 7.3 and above you just might be ready to go.
    Wow, checked my version on a Verizon s5 and it's 5.3 I believe it was. When clicking the version number it tells me it's up to date. That's probably why it's screwed up. I wonder why we can't update to 7.3.
    04-24-2015 12:47 PM
    Wow, checked my version on a Verizon s5 and it's 5.3 I believe it was. When clicking the version number it tells me it's up to date. That's probably why it's screwed up. I wonder why we can't update to 7.3.
    I don't know what the procedure is on a Samsung GS5 phone, but on my Nexus 5, the way that Play Services gets updated is when updating an app that requires an updated version of Play Services. The system will then put up a notification saying that "Such and such app needs an updated version of Google Play Services". Upon tapping on the notification, the Play Store opens to the Update page for Google Play Services. Then you can press the Update button for it and it will update like any other app.

After that, the original app that needed the update can be updated like normal.

Doing a search for Google Play Services in the Play Store will not find it. It's a special system-level app. As far as the version numbering goes, I believe it may vary depending on the device, at least in terms of build number. For example, my Nexus 5 has Play Services version 7.3.29 (1866531-438). My Verizon LG G3, which was just updated to Android 5.0, has 7.3.29 (1866531-430). On the G3, the update to Play Services didn't appear until several apps demanded it (Hangouts, in particular) after Android 5.0 was installed. (I don't know what version of Play Services it had prior to Lollipop.)

The differences in build numbers is reason enough to NOT try to side-load Google Play Services from sites like Android Police. There's no telling what device- or carrier-specific differences there are, and it's possible that some of the flaky behavior that some users get on their phones is the result of past side-loading of the wrong version of that special system app.

P.S. Keep in mind, we're talking about "Google Play Services", not the "Google Play Store" app. For reference, my Google Play Store app is at version 5.4.12.
    04-24-2015 01:11 PM
    I don't know what the procedure is on a Samsung GS5 phone, but on my Nexus 5, the way that Play Services gets updated is when updating an app that requires an updated version of Play Services. The system will then put up a notification saying that "Such and such app needs an updated version of Google Play Services". Upon tapping on the notification, the Play Store opens to the Update page for Google Play Services. Then you can press the Update button for it and it will update like any other app.

Doing a search for Google Play Services in the Play Store will not find it. It's a special system-level app. As far as the version numbering goes, I believe it may vary depending on the device, at least in terms of build number. For example, my Nexus 5 has Play Services version 7.3.29 (1866531-438). My Verizon LG G3, which was just updated to Android 5.0, has 7.3.29 (1866531-430). On the G3, the update to Play Services didn't appear until several apps demanded it (Hangouts, in particular) after Android 5.0 was installed. (I don't know what version of Play Services it had prior to Lollipop.)

The differences in build numbers is reason enough to NOT try to side-load Google Play Services from sites like Android Police. There's no telling what device- or carrier-specific differences there are, and it's possible that some of the flaky behavior that some users get on their phones is the result of past side-loading of the wrong version of that special system app.

P.S. Keep in mind, we're talking about "Google Play Services", not the "Google Play Store" app. For reference, my Google Play Store app is at version 5.4.12.
    I think that's the same thing that happened to me.
    04-24-2015 02:53 PM

Missed that, I was checking the store. I have 7.3.29 for services.
    04-24-2015 03:28 PM
    Since last week, something has updated so now my S5 is now recognized by the USB2 on my Pioneer 8100. Like everyone else my S5 says android auto is not compatible on this devise. The Pioneer says to disconnect when safe. I have checked my Google Play service and it is above a 7.3 version. Wish they would get this fixed soon!
    04-26-2015 09:50 AM
    Since last week, something has updated so now my S5 is now recognized by the USB2 on my Pioneer 8100. Like everyone else my S5 says android auto is not compatible on this devise. The Pioneer says to disconnect when safe. I have checked my Google Play service and it is above a 7.3 version. Wish they would get this fixed soon!
    I have given up, since they fixed the S6 I ordered one and my troubles should be over on Monday. Sad they did not test this better with more phones and have better information upon release.
    04-26-2015 09:56 AM
    Sprint S5 owners, does plugging your phone into the USB on a computer prompt an installer for 30 seconds like the Verizon ones do?
    04-26-2015 08:16 PM
    Sprint S5 owners, does plugging your phone into the USB on a computer prompt an installer for 30 seconds like the Verizon ones do?
    That's a Verizon specific thing.
    04-26-2015 08:29 PM
69 123