UPDATE: Galaxy S6 now working with Android Auto!

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 and Android Auto (not working yet ...)

S6s have a restriction for launching apps while in motion?

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

Galaxy S6? Has it already been released?

Sent from my SM-G900V Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

MindTrip

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Please keep us abreast of your findings. I've been suffering with this on the S6 Edge for a couple of days. I did notice that CarMode opens in the status bar, at nearly the same time as AA when I plug in USB. I'm curious if the 2 are conflicting, thus giving the "Cannot run AA at this time. Check your phone when safe" message. I'm struggling to find a way to turn off CarMode on this device. The toggle isn't in the same place as the S5 and Note4.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Please keep us abreast of your findings. I've been suffering with this on the S6 Edge for a couple of days. I did notice that CarMode opens in the status bar, at nearly the same time as AA when I plug in USB. I'm curious if the 2 are conflicting, thus giving the "Cannot run AA at this time. Check your phone when safe" message. I'm struggling to find a way to turn off CarMode on this device. The toggle isn't in the same place as the S5 and Note4.

Maybe, but car mode launches on the M8/M9, too.

Posted via the Android Central App

justeric78

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

I was hoping if I went to the s6 if it would fix the voice problems with the s5. I guess this is my answer, perhaps it's time to look at a nexus device, at least they are updated quicker and maintained longer. I don't know anything about them though. Damn you Samsung and your touchwiz crap.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

I was hoping if I went to the s6 if it would fix the voice problems with the s5. I guess this is my answer, perhaps it's time to look at a nexus device, at least they are updated quicker and maintained longer. I don't know anything about them though. Damn you Samsung and your touchwiz crap.

I'm not assuming it's TouchWiz just yet ... There are a lot of moving parts here.

But still, yeah. Stuff needs to work.

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

I was thinking the same thing.

Posted via Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Maybe I should go cancel my backorder pre order, this is one of the reasons I wanted to move to a Lollipop device (don't know why the Xperia is taking so long getting it).

octobermagic

Jun 9, 2010
www.facebook.com

Phil, I've never been able to connect a Samsung galaxy anything with my car. A few years ago, a Samsung rep confirmed to me there were issues with the MTP connection on the phones when trying to direct connect to a car via USB. Maybe that's part of the problem?

netzwurm

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Is this an Android Auto problem or a Bluetooth problem? My pebble keeps disconnecting within minutes on the GS6. And after it's disconnected, it wants to re-pair everytime I reconnect. There's something weird going on (or does the connection to Android Auto not require Bluetooth?)

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Is this an Android Auto problem or a Bluetooth problem? My pebble keeps disconnecting within minutes on the GS6. And after it's disconnected, it wants to re-pair everytime I reconnect. There's something weird going on (or does the connection to Android Auto not require Bluetooth?)

Android Auto uses a USB connection for data transfer (user interface, music, Google Maps, etc.) and a Bluetooth connection for phone calls. So it uses both.

I don't know what Samsung did to Android that could be causing issues, but obviously they made significant changes. As Phil has said, there are "many moving parts".

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

"I was hoping if I went to the s6 if it would fix the voice problems with the s5. I guess this is my answer, perhaps it's time to look at a nexus device, at least they are updated quicker and maintained longer. I don't know anything about them though. Damn you Samsung and your touchwiz crap."

My Nexus 6 with 5.1 works perfectly with AA on my Pioneer 4100.

Dave Isser

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Any updates on this? Just picked up my gs6 and getting the "Android Auto is not available at this time" message. Also trying to connect to the Pioneer NEX 4100, which should be compatible. I've read that MirrorLink signed a deal with Samsung, but haven't been able to get that to work either.

bsancken

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Same issue/message. Plugged into USB2 with a new galaxy S6 on the AVIC8100..

Darnit you samsung!:'(

gjamie

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

We're talking about Android Auto, the in development trying to partner with various automotive companies? (android.com/auto/)

This isn't even fully supported or available yet so why would this be a make or break it deal when considering the GS6 as your phone? I get if maybe another phone worked but again, this is still in development so it could be more of a place holder on Samsung's part no? With a update in the future maybe?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie