UPDATE: Galaxy S6 now working with Android Auto!

andddlay

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Even with the update, mine doesn't seem to be working. Well, not entirely. everything comes up done, but audio does not work. Any suggestions?

cwolfey

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Even with the update, mine doesn't seem to be working. Well, not entirely. everything comes up done, but audio does not work. Any suggestions?
Had same issue, turn out to be as silly as the volume all the way down.
Press main volume on unit, then look for "alerts" on right, raise volume there.

Hope this was it for you.

andddlay

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Had same issue, turn out to be as silly as the volume all the way down.
Press main volume on unit, then look for "alerts" on right, raise volume there.

Hope this was it for you.

Thank you so much for the response!

You are referring to the s6 and not the head unit, right? After changing all sounds up it still wouldn't produce sound. I will try a different USB tomorrow to see if that is the reason, but I highly doubt it because the same cable works on the note 4. I hope I don't have to go a factory wipe. ..

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone confirm the "verizon" s6 is working with no issues? Im up for an upgrade and its between the note 4 and the s6. Will only get the one that works with android auto lol.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am using the S6 on Verizon and Android auto is working great on my 4100 NEX. Wish Waze was working but maps is good.

Could not get my S4 to work so I upgraded to the S6. Love it. Have to use power saving mode to get good battery life.

HTH

Posted via the Android Central App

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I am using the S6 on Verizon and Android auto is working great on my 4100 NEX. Wish Waze was working but maps is good.

Could not get my S4 to work so I upgraded to the S6. Love it. Have to use power saving mode to get good battery life.

HTH

Posted via the Android Central App
Couldn't get s4 to work so I took home a verizon s6 today. Still not working I'm so irritated. Connects to Bluetooth fine, charges the phone, is connected to the correct usb port 2. Settings are others USB 2........ what am I doing wrong here?

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Fixed it. The pioneer usb cable is not recognized by the s6. Switched it out for the Samsung cable and android auto works fine now. Wish it was that easy for the s4.....

Dang00

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 and Android Auto (not working yet ...)

I have a 2015 Sonata with Android Auto installed and a Galaxy S6 with Google Play Services 7.5.71 and the combination is not working. My phone will connect via bluetooth, as usual, but when plugging in the phone via usb absolute nothing happens other than the phone starts to charge. The cars screen has an Android Auto icon but it is greyed out, Android Auto is enable in the settings. Any idea why mine will not work but yours does?

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I have a 2015 Sonata with Android Auto installed and a Galaxy S6 with Google Play Services 7.5.71 and the combination is not working. My phone will connect via bluetooth, as usual, but when plugging in the phone via usb absolute nothing happens other than the phone starts to charge. The cars screen has an Android Auto icon but it is greyed out, Android Auto is enable in the settings. Any idea why mine will not work but yours does?

Try opening AA when disconnected and make sure "Only connect to known cars" is not checked, and also press "Forget all cars".

Dang00

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Dr Claw. I did try this with the same luck, it's like the car doesn't recognize the phone is connected via USB. Out of desperation I tried another USB cable, this time one that I knew was a High Speed Data Sync cable, and it worked! I hadn't seen anywhere that this was a requirement, if I had known I would have tried this sooner. Live and Learn. Thanks for assisting.

Scionergy

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

Hi all... So, I have a Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS head unit, hands free was working fine with my Note4 (Rogers) and then suddenly it stopped working - I picked up the new GS6 edge and same thing, will not work for hands free phone calls - apparently the mic works to send audio, but the person on the other end of the call does not come through the head unit. BT Audio for streaming music works fine on both phones. I can't recall exactly when the Note4 stopped working, but it was probably within the last month.

Went into Rogers tonight and swapped the GS6 edge for a brand new one after reading many posts about people having issues with the BT on theirs, went back to my car and tried to make hands free BT call, again, even with the brand new fresh outta the box GS6 edge, no audio. Also of note, the hands free voice commands were not working either. Even calling the GS6 edge while connected via BT from another phone not connected via BT to simulate a random call, the GS6 edge would ring on the phone, but still show full phone controls on the head unit. Answering the call would result in no audio from the caller coming through the head unit, but the caller hearing me fine.

So, I went back into the Rogers store and explained it to the Rogers rep, so he decided to come out, and we tried it in his VW GTi and worked like a charm on his stock VW deck first freakin time. He did mention that the problem seems to be with Samsung's 2 way BT communication protocol with certain (or many) Pioneer head units - something to do with the encryption algorithm and how Samsung is not completely (if at all) compatible. He also mentioned that it is probably more of a "Samsung" Bluetooth compatibility issue with Pioneer head units opposed to it being an issue with the Pioneer decks, as he had seen similar problems with GM vehicles without BT that went with aftermarket Pioneer decks with BT, that also would not work with certain Samsung phones. Now, I am somewhat techsavvy, but far from an expert (which is why I searched here, then went into Rogers for their "advice") - what I don't get, is it was working with my Note4 about a month ago, and now it doesn't work. So, apparently, until Samsung comes out with a fix for this, many of us S6 edge users with "certain" Pioneer BT head units have no hands free functionality...

Oh, and I tried everything I could think of after reading many of the posts here: clearing the BT memory on the head unit (several times) and phone, re-pairing the phone and head unit, disabling my Gear 2 Neo watch (read something somewhere in here about that as well) Uninstalling AppRadio and AppRadio Live, Android Auto, disabled CarMode, even unplugged iPod Touch connected via USB. I even downloaded and installed Pioneer's latest firmware update 8.31 for the AVH-X5700BHS last night hoping that might fix it, but nope, still no 2 way audio for phone calls...

Hope this might shed some light for others with a similar situation - hopefully if it is an issue with Samsung's 2 way BT communication for hands free calls, they will push out a fix for this soon - I do love the GS6 edge, but I was almost tempted to return it and try a Nexus 6 or LG G4 - that, or wait for the Note5

Scionergy

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

*** Update ***

Spoke with Pioneer support this afternoon, and turns out the problem was with my head unit, in that at some point my audio mode had switched from "Standard" to "Network" - apparently on initial setup of the system, there is an option to choose between Standard and Network audio mode, just after the language selection screen, and Network mode will interfere with BT Call Audio for phones. After following Pioneers steps to "reset" the head unit, selecting "Standard" audio mode I now have my BT Call Audio back. Yeah!! Hope this helps anyone else with this same issue, something to definitely check out if you have an AVH-X series BT Pioneer head unit.

From the Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS Manual, p9:
Standard Audio mode: 4 speaker system with front and rear speakers, or a 6 speaker system with front and rear speakers, and subwoofers.
Network Audio mode: 2 way + SW Multi Amp, with high speaker, mid speaker and subwoofer for reproduction of high, mid and low frequencies (bands)

Switching Speaker Mode: unfortunately on this deck the only way to switch Speaker Mode from Standard to Network or Network to Standard is through doing a Reset.
1. Press the Home button or the Settings (Gear icon) then select the System icon (Tools icon)
2. Find and touch [Restore Settings]
3. Touch [Restore] - the source is turned off and the BT connection is disconnected and the system reboots back to the factory setup screen.
4. Select the language you want
5. Now the Speaker Mode Setting appears - select Standard mode.
and that's it - you will have to reconfigure your radio stations, EQ settings and so on, but the nice thing about this deck is you can save your audio settings and reload them if they are reset.

Cheers

Last edited:

Matthew Cikity

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
This post helped me out as I recently installed the 5700 in my truck and have a Galaxy S6 Edge. However, even after following your directions, I still get nothing out of the speakers for calls using BT. On the third setting screen, it asks iPhone/iPod or Other. Did you just leave it as iPhone/iPod or go to Other? Then there are the MirrorLink, USB and some other options below. What there? Thank you very much!

Matt

Scionergy

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi Matt, this fix shouldn't have anything to do with what mentioned above... as long as you followed the above instructions, and switched to standard audio mode, you might also need to clear your BT device memory on the radio and re-pair your phone. Hands free calling through blue tooth only runs through your front speakers, which is why you have to make sure your deck is running in the standard audio mode. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Matthew Cikity

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah...that's where I'm having the issue. Definitely not working correctly then. Unpaired, wiped, and repaired a few times. Still nothing. I don't get it. Guess I need to contact Pioneer directly? MTF if I find anything... Thank you again for your reply!