Android Auto Apps

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a list of apps that work with Android Auto?

Specifically, I'm wanting to know if Audible will work. Waze would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is there a list of apps that work with Android Auto?

Specifically, I'm wanting to know if Audible will work. Waze would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

So what I've found so far is there's Google's list of apps, and then there are apps that actually work. I can check those two out this week.

Posted via the Android Central App

nypsn

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell, Audible does not work through Android Auto. I am not sure if there is an update coming to fix that. I can still stream bluetooth Audible but that means disconnecting Auto. That is with a Note 4 and the Pioneer 7100 NEX.

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell, Audible does not work through Android Auto. I am not sure if there is an update coming to fix that. I can still stream bluetooth Audible but that means disconnecting Auto. That is with a Note 4 and the Pioneer 7100 NEX.

Do your voice functions work by using the mic button in android auto?

Posted via Android Central App

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
As in all the usual weird phone stuff? When you hit the voice button in AA, it's controlling AA stuff.

Yeah, anything mic related. I was asking because he had a note 4 and I've been following the Samsung voice issues with the nex radios. I'm wanting to upgrade my pioneer avh-x5500bhs but the lollipop update broke all the voice actions over Bluetooth on my note 3. Seems like the same issue on the nex radios and I would have to upgrade my phone along with the radio to get my voice functions back or wait on a fix.

Posted via Android Central App

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I sent them an email and this was the response.

Hello Keith,

Thank you very much for contacting Audible. My name is Josh, I will be more than happy to assist you today.

I understand you would like to know if Audible would be compatible with Android auto.

At the moment this option is not on the works, but we will definitely consider this suggestion. I strongly believe it would be a great implementation of the Audible services.

At Audible, we are always working to improve your shopping and listening experience. Your idea has been forwarded to the proper department so it can be reviewed and taken into consideration. We always appreciate customer input, since it lets us know how we can improve.

You may send additional suggestions directly to our greatideas@audible.com tip box. We regularly incorporate Great Ideas submissions into the Audible experience, so sending a quick email can make a real difference.

If I can do anything else for you, please don't hesitate to contact us. Please feel free to call our Customer Care at 1-888-283-5051 (USA & Canada), (US Country Code) 1-973-820-0400 (International) or simply reply to this email. We are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Josh L

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Evidently, Audible is coming to Android Auto soon:

Audible @ Google I/O

Although, until it is actually here, I will remain just a wee bit skeptical.

For me, what I would really like is for the SiriusXM app to support Android Auto. I had SiriusXM in my car and liked it. I just wasn't in my car enough too like it enough to pay for it. Ditto with the app on my phone when I'm not in my car: and it definitely doesn't make sense for me to pay for two SiriusXM subscriptions. But if I could have one subscription -- using it when I jog or whatever outside my car as well as with Android Auto when I'm in my car -- that actually might be enough for me to pay for a SiriusXM subscription.

But alas, I doubt if SiriusXM does that.

cbryancan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I inquired with Amazon about audible a while back. They said they had no plans to support AA. But today I got an invitation to participate in the Audible beta program, and version 2.1 supports AA. Haven't tried it yet, but glad they changed course from what they told me before.