Any confirmation of Android Auto working with HTC M9?

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having a challenge with the M9 in the Hyundai Sonata. It works great but the phone gets so hot that the red LED battery charging light flashes and the battery is actually discharging when used instead of charging. Is this your experience too?

Marlon Fraile

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi People,

I have the HTC One M9 with Android Auto but when I tried to connect it to my Toyota-Aygo, the HTC M9 set a link automatically and I can't use Android Auto... Somebody knows how to fix it?

Thanks!

Marlon Fraile

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
The Aygo has Android Auto?

My aygo come with mirrorlink 1.1 included from factory. The problem is my phone because don't let meset up the mirrorlink connection and htc has some internal apps similar to android auto but doesn't work. So I was trying to use android auto in my htc one m9 but my usb connection option is unable to change neither with developer option enabled

Vol4Ever

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep. It's what I'm currently using. Works great!

I have HTC M9 plus Pioneer 4100nex. Assuming it's a straight phone micro USB to Pioneer USB2 wired connection. No other wires, adapters, etc. For the life of me I can't get this to work. It will occasionally connect, but it doesn't more often than not. Is there a certain sequence to turn things on? Main thing I want is live weather radar on Pioneer screen. Not sure if the included Google apps will do that (yet)?

Also looking at ARUnchained Reloaded which is an expensive app ($30), but it is a full mirror of the phone with complete push button functionality active on the head unit's screen. With that, one could do every single app on the radio display. Pretty sweet there.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I have HTC M9 plus Pioneer 4100nex. Assuming it's a straight phone micro USB to Pioneer USB2 wired connection. No other wires, adapters, etc. For the life of me I can't get this to work. It will occasionally connect, but it doesn't more often than not. Is there a certain sequence to turn things on? Main thing I want is live weather radar on Pioneer screen. Not sure if the included Google apps will do that (yet)?

Also looking at ARUnchained Reloaded which is an expensive app ($30), but it is a full mirror of the phone with complete push button functionality active on the head unit's screen. With that, one could do every single app on the radio display. Pretty sweet there.

Try pulling the handbrake before connecting.

Also AFAIK there aren't any radar apps that work with Android Auto. (I'd love for that to be an overlay in Google Maps, actually.)

Vol4Ever

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not the brake. I have bypass in place. In doing more reading elsewhere, I think it has something to do with Bluetooth and whether it is already connected when trying to launch AA. Will tinker some more and see if I can figure out the trigger.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I had no problem connecting my HTC M9 to my 2015 Sonata with Android 5.0. But, when the OS upgraded to 6.0 Android Auto would no longer connect. Tried just about everything and can't get it to work again. HTC, Verizon and Hyundai are clueless.