The LG G4 works with Android Auto

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear; I'm going to be getting the g4, and at some point an AA unit - I was rather discouraged about the g3 not working, but it sounds like lg figured it out for the g4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Just finished installing my 4100nex (took a few days because I wanted to use my stock sub, retain my stock aux inputs and steering wheel controls, and run the mic to the a-pillar), and Android Auto with my Verizon LG G4 is working beautifully.

Posted via the Android Central App

cagekim

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I have 2015 VW Passat and it support MirrorLink, Android Auto, and CarPlay. However, when I connect my LG G4 to my head unit, MirrorLink always comes up although I forces it to use Android Auto. And Android Auto never works, and if I set up my head unit to use MirrorLink, then it works flawlessly.

Any ideas? I really like to use Android Auto.

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
All the information I have read says that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are only available in 2016 VW models with its new MIB II unit. MirrorLink has been available for a while in previous models like your 2015 Passat.

dgiaffe

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm not able to get my Verizon G4 to work in my 2016 GTI. When I plug it in, It reads the USB, then it doesn't do anything. If I go in the devices list, I select it and then my phone brings up Android Auto for half a second and goes back to my home launcher. I tried multiple things, but no luck.

iamholam

May 7, 2015
Visit site
That's pretty much what I get with my Skoda octavia too. It seems to be some combination of apps which conflict with AA, but haven't been able to pin down which ones.

dgiaffe

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
That's pretty much what I get with my Skoda octavia too. It seems to be some combination of apps which conflict with AA, but haven't been able to pin down which ones.

What phone model do you have? I'm still trying to figure out if it's more of a phone or car maker issue. I tried using a Galaxy S5 (took me a factory reset to make it work) and a Nexus 7 2012 and both work, but I am not yet 100% sure it is the G4 specifically.

iamholam

May 7, 2015
Visit site
What phone model do you have? I'm still trying to figure out if it's more of a phone or car maker issue. I tried using a Galaxy S5 (took me a factory reset to make it work) and a Nexus 7 2012 and both work, but I am not yet 100% sure it is the G4 specifically.
Have a G4 as well. (UK Vodafone) I went back to factory reset and android auto worked a better (still some failures to connect) but after installing all my apps. It progressively got worse and worse.

I'm taking it up with Skoda right now, for me at least it's not fit for purpose.

dgiaffe

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hmm all right. If I was able to make it work right out of the box, I'd really be installing all my apps in my car lol, until i find the culprit.. But since I'm not even able to start it up even after a factory reset, I can't.

iamholam

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Comforting to know that other people are having issues... Commiserations. Annoyingly I plugged my wife's iPhone into the car and it "just worked"

Something to do with car play being native and android auto being an app?

dgiaffe

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Well.. out of the blue I figured I could try a different car model and maker. I went to the Hyundai dealership and they were nice enough to let me try my phone into one of their unit. Guess what, it worked RIGHT AWAY! I was quite surprised as I really thought it was a phone issue at that point. I used the same cable I was trying to in my GTI. I contacted VW by Twitter and email as this is what my car dealer suggested me after I told them about this.

LockeXT

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
I just got a Kenwood KDC-X501 deck and am trying to get the Kenwood Music Play app on my also AT&T LG G4 to connect to it, but when I start the app it tells me to plug my phone into the deck, and when I do the phone starts charging but nothing happens in the app. Did you have to change any settings to make it work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781