I am running a rooted 5.0 deoxed rom that I found over at xda forums. I don't recommend doing this if you don't want to possibly damage you Phone. You need to get back to stock then find the 5.0 deoxed Rom then install that..
    05-28-2015 07:09 PM
    Which rom? And do you know if screen mirroring still works after rooting?
    05-28-2015 11:29 PM
    Man, if I have to root my phone for this.... I might as well pay up for ARUnchained
    05-29-2015 05:36 AM
    stock based 5.0 and it called G900V_OC4_Stock_DeOdexed_ROM and as far as screen mirror i don't know. Haven't had time to play with it.
    05-29-2015 05:37 AM
    Man, if I have to root my phone for this.... I might as well pay up for ARUnchained
    Yes I agree but I didn't want to sign into another contract and now there is no more bloatwear either on he phone.
    05-29-2015 05:41 AM
    Which makes solidifies my assumption even more that it is a Verizon broke something, not Android or Samsung.
    05-29-2015 11:21 AM
    hanniable, I just want to make sure I grab the right one before going through all of this. The only stock one I found is titled "Stock Verizon 5.0 BOC4 Based Lollipop Rom " He has 3 downloads in there. If it's the same, which one did you pick. I didn't find a file that matches what you said.

Thanks in advance!
    05-29-2015 11:50 AM
    Which makes solidifies my assumption even more that it is a Verizon broke something, not Android or Samsung.
    Absolutely. They must have done something to Galaxy S4 and S5 phones that they didn't do to Note 3, Note 4, and S6 phones.
    05-29-2015 12:53 PM
    I can confirm that this is now working for Verizon GS5s now on stock ROM, unrooted. However, my voice controls are not working and I'm looking to see what I may need to do before I consider a factory reset.

You will need Google Play Services (GPS) 7.5.71 and the most recent version of Android Auto for this.

To get the latest GPS version. Update your Google Maps, Google App, GMail, etc. to the latest version.
    Then go into Application Settings and find Google Play Services under "ALL" apps.
    Clear that application's data, cache, and uninstall all updates, reverting it to stock state.
    Immediately you should get a notification that an app requires an updated version of Google Play Services. Click this notification and follow it through to the Play Store.
    Update Google Play Services to 7.5.71.
    Once this is done, make sure your car is in parking brake on state (or an "emulated" park state, i.e. bypassed), connect your phone to the car stereo and begin the Android Auto setup process.

This won't work if you sideload (from APK Mirror) the Google Play Services, I've found. However, the "uninstall updates" method works to force you into the newest Google Play Services version (I was unaware that this was the way to get GPS out of the Play Store).
    05-31-2015 06:49 AM
    I can't post a link yet cause I don't have the 10 post limit. But it's in the xda Verizon gs5 general section. Look for how to update to 5.0 and keep root.
    05-31-2015 12:47 PM
    Can confirm. Android Auto finally working (again) with my Verizon S5. I though can use the microphone button for the first time. Very happy.
    05-31-2015 07:34 PM
    Can confirm. Android Auto finally working (again) with my Verizon S5. I though can use the microphone button for the first time. Very happy.
    Which revision of Android L are you on for Verizon? I am on G900VVRUBOC4.
    06-01-2015 06:46 AM
    Just to follow up:

Android Auto is 100% working with Verizon Wireless Galaxy S5 phones.
    What's required:
    - latest version of Android Auto
    - Google Play Services 7.5.71 or later (to get this, uninstall all updates after having updated a Google app to its latest version, such as Google Now, Maps, or Play Music).
    - SE Linux policy updated to the May 11 or later version (to get this, go to Settings > Security > Security Policy Updates and use the "update" feature).

Because of an as-yet unidentified issue with notification access on many Samsung phones updated to the Lollipop OS (S4, S5, Note 4), you may have to manually enable notification access for Android Auto before each use. This is not Android Auto specific, other users have noted this (especially) in Android Wear.
    06-05-2015 03:39 PM