Galaxy S4

jpcsoccer

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly, and without explanation, my Android Auto on the GS4 is working? I had tried everything with no luck. Today, after work, i was waiting in my car for the other half of my car pool, and i plugged it in, just to see... and boom! it launched and worked flawlessly!

so weird!

Can anyone offer a potential explanation?

jazzfan80

May 29, 2015
Visit site
If this works on my gs4. I won't need to upgrade my phone for at least a year. I really hope this works for me as well. All the research I've done has pointed to these phones being on some sort of backlist which is now hopefully lifted. I did try Android Auto on a galaxy 6 edge and the screen worked but no audio anywhere (no nav sound) and the volume button on the 4100 wouldn't go above 4. The radio firmware was updated to 1.03 before trying gs6. But I didn't have the radio on usb2 before plugging the phone in which I hope was the reason for my sound issues.

My current version of Google play services is 7.5.71 (1955121-438)
How do you like Android Auto?

jpcsoccer

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
GPS 7.5.71
Verizon Galaxy S4.

Not 100% operational.
Doesn't seem to read text messages or kik. The microphone button does not seem to do anything either (and I don't have a microphone button on my steering wheel).

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
GPS 7.5.71
Verizon Galaxy S4.

Not 100% operational.
Doesn't seem to read text messages or kik. The microphone button does not seem to do anything either (and I don't have a microphone button on my steering wheel).

Are you using Hangouts for SMS?

jpcsoccer

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
when I get a message, I get a notification. The notification has a microphone on the side, but when I push it, nothing happens.

cspot

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm AA works on my Verizon sch-i545. I don't think it was a 'Google Play Services' update that enabled it as I am still running gps 7.5.71 and AA hadn't been working with my S4 , RSOD, with that version before yesterday.

The microphone does work. There seems to be a bit of a setup hiccup/issue discussed in another thread, "Need some help with VZW S4 and Pioneer 4100NEX Android Auto," about the voice recognition not working.

jpcsoccer

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks cspot.... as we are discussing in the other thread, i am trying all of these suggestions, to no avail.

I like all the other aspects of AA, but the lack of mic and hands free text reading is irritating

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks cspot.... as we are discussing in the other thread, i am trying all of these suggestions, to no avail.

I like all the other aspects of AA, but the lack of mic and hands free text reading is irritating

Oh when my texts are read, i dont push the speaker button when the message pops up. Just click the middle of the box and it should automatically read it. I dont think the sound button on the left does anything.

I woudl take a video but it requires another phone HAHAH, cant do anything on mine with AA on.......

chomorro

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Tried that too. Nothing.

I am getting a new phone soon, but there is that part of me that wants to figure this out first.

Do a factory restore first!! You are getting a new phone anyways, just back up your stuff and do it. I'm using this phone until it stops working lol, by then the note 7 or s8 will be out.

cspot

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh when my texts are read, i dont push the speaker button when the message pops up. Just click the middle of the box and it should automatically read it. I dont think the sound button on the left does anything.

I woudl take a video but it requires another phone HAHAH, cant do anything on mine with AA on.......

In the AA developer mode menu there is tick box for "save video." I haven't tried it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm