First of all I got things up and running without any hiccups! I just have a couple of questions about a couple of features...

1) How do I increase the Google Now voice readout? I can hear it but I'd like it to be louder? I believe this is different than the notification volume (next to the volume) but i could be wrong.

2) How do I get Google Now to navigate to a contacts address? If I push the button and say "Navigate to XXXX" nothing happens. I was really wanting this to be the way it would work to simplify having to know/say everyone's address. It would be one thing if I had access to my phone contacts and could hit the address and then chose navigate, but the phone locks. This is a VERY important feature for my, well my wife!

Any input would be really appreciated! Have a great day!
    06-08-2015 10:09 AM
    The voice problem: Turn your volume up on the ehad unit and there should be a serperate "Alerts" volume on the ride side of the screen when turning the volume up or down. Adjust that volume and it will change the volume of the voice.

No idea on the navigate problem. I have never tried it, i dnot have addresses for my contacts
    06-08-2015 03:40 PM
    How do I get Google Now to navigate to a contacts address? If I push the button and say "Navigate to XXXX" nothing happens.
    As odd as it seems... Android Auto doesn't do this. But nor does Google Now on my phone. I can say "navigate to the nearest In 'n Out Burger" and no problem, but it doesn't work with people/places in 'Contacts'. And even more odd, if you tap in the search field on the Map screen to bring up the keyboard, you can start typing the name of your contact and it will find it that way, tap it in the search results and it will then load the route.

Supposedly Google spent major time and research on Android Auto, but to me it feels like no one has even bothered to use it. There is so much that seems to be a bigger distraction than it could be, and this is just another one. Maybe they want to force you to pull over before entering a friends address to nav to, but you can get to a Denny's by voice. How utterly Google!
    06-08-2015 06:32 PM