I took the latest AA update and I have an issue that I can't figure out. I use the Sirius app daily. I used to be able hit the home button in my S6 after AA launches and get back to the home screen to launch the app but now it won't take me back to the home screen. Anyone else seeing this?

Also, is there a way to get the phone to default to MTP on a USB plug in? It takes a little bit for my 4100nex to see my phone and launch AA.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-12-2015 09:05 PM
    I took the latest AA update and I have an issue that I can't figure out. I use the Sirius app daily. I used to be able hit the home button in my S6 after AA launches and get back to the home screen to launch the app but now it won't take me back to the home screen. Anyone else seeing this?

Also, is there a way to get the phone to default to MTP on a USB plug in? It takes a little bit for my 4100nex to see my phone and launch AA.
    If you're using a Samsung phone and USB connection isn't defaulting to MTP, I'm going to guess you're either on Verizon, Sprint, or ATT where (at least in Verizon's case) they use a stupid "installer mode" to make installing the driver on computers easier. All it does is get in the way IMO). To get around this, I just turn on USB debugging and AA almost instantly starts.

To do this on your phone, go to Settings > About Phone. Find the build information and tap it enough times until you unlock Developer Options, and then choose USB debugging from that menu (detailed instructions here: How to enable Galaxy S6 developer options (and S6 edge) - Galaxy S6 Guide)

As for not being able to go back to the home screen, I think that's by design. I used to be able to do the same on my S5 in that brief period where it was working, but not officially announced as supported by Google, but with the latest update, the Android Auto app overtakes the phone when connected and launch.
    06-13-2015 12:10 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I will try the USB debugging and see have that works. I am on Verizon.

I understand that you should not use you phone while driving but they need more apps before they lock you out. I don't see them ever adding Sirius either since most cars have it built in but I use it to pause and listen to on demand.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-14-2015 07:40 AM