Audiobooks on Android Auto

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to play and control audiobooks with AA? I know Google Play Music will play mp3 files and all, but I don't think it will save places. Any suggestions? Am I wrong about Google Muisic? I use Smart Audiobook Player now and I have for years. It works great just over bluetooth in the car, but I would like to use AA and listen to my books. Thanks.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Not one that I can think of — and, yeah, Audible really should have it ready to go, right?

I guess the two workarounds I can think of offhand would be to just use Bluetooth. Or if you're dead set on using AA, maybe stash 'em on a server, rig up an RSS feed and then use a podcatcher.

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Phil. I did look into Pocket Casts. I already own it and its on the list of AA apps. I loaded my book into a custom folder that Pocket Casts uses. It plays the book on the phone. I have to see how it works in the car and how it moves from chapter to chapter, but it looks promising.

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Check out the Listen Audiobook Player app on the Play store (I would post the link but I'm too new on this forum for that to be allowed :-\). It lists Android Auto in the feature list...

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
That it does. I will try it out today, thanks for the find! While using Pocket Casts, the chapter I was listening too disappeared while I was listening to it. Hopefully this Listen Audiobook Player works well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC