Seriously considering pulling the trigger on the new Kenwood DDX9702S. I went to my local car audio place and messed with it for a bit and noticed that 'My Library' which appears in the app on my phone was nowhere to be found in the app on AA. Are there any players that will allow me to browse and play music stored on the device? I browsed available Android Auto apps and only saw radio and podcast apps..

Thanks..
    ahmedattari45 likes this.
    08-08-2015 08:57 PM
    It depends on the phone/audio combination. Bluetooth is a pipe, it doesn't specify what flows in the pipe or what format it's in. So the phone and the audio system have to be Bluetooth-compatible. Many combinations aren't. (We're probably 3-10 years from universal compatibility.)
    08-08-2015 09:56 PM
    It depends on the phone/audio combination. Bluetooth is a pipe, it doesn't specify what flows in the pipe or what format it's in. So the phone and the audio system have to be Bluetooth-compatible. Many combinations aren't. (We're probably 3-10 years from universal compatibility.)
    Thanks, but not sure how this is relevant to my question.. I'm trying to determine if it allows me to browse all the stored music on my phone by artist or song, essentially I need the ability to scroll through all the artists, or songs, and shuffle accordingly as opposed to using voice only commands to play a song or artist.. After further research I'm discovering I can't browse my library for driving safety concerns which is understandable. If this is truly the case than this is a dealbreaker for me..

Just seeking solid answers before/if I purchase..
    08-09-2015 10:22 AM
    Thanks, but not sure how this is relevant to my question.. I'm trying to determine if it allows me to browse all the stored music on my phone by artist or song, essentially I need the ability to scroll through all the artists, or songs, and shuffle accordingly as opposed to using voice only commands to play a song or artist.. After further research I'm discovering I can't browse my library for driving safety concerns which is understandable. If this is truly the case than this is a dealbreaker for me..

Just seeking solid answers before/if I purchase..
    Yeah, GPM just doesn't have that capability. It's really relying on voice search. I'm not crazy about it either. The good news is that you can always just BT music in like normal, and still use Google Maps at the same time, for instance.

It's clunky. It's something I hope they address.
    08-10-2015 09:50 AM