Does Audi A6 integrate with Android Auto?

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a ton of articles over the recent years that state that Audi does Android Auto, however I haven't found a single how to on it yet.

My friend has an 2016 Audi A6 and there is no option to select Android Auto, yet all articles I find state all 2015 models and newer have it. The 2016 A6 was refreshed for this year.

The Android Auto app is installed and plugged into the USB, but nothing happens. Even opening the app on the phone does nothing.

Is it not compatible?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it does. This from Audi's webpage:
Audi plans to begin introducing Android Auto technology with all-new models it launches in 2016.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ummm.. that says models LAUNCHED IN 2016... not 2016 models. So probably not yet compatible? My guess is that if it's not mentioned in the User Manual it's not compatible.

gosox13

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased an Audi A6 and successfully setup Android Auto to work with the Audi MMI info system. First you install Android Auto on your phone, then plug the phone into the USB connection in the car. The MMI will recognize it and ask if you want to setup Android Auto, then there are a series of questions you answer on both the app and the car unit. I am still working on familiarizing myself with using the app through the car unit. I did successfully use Google Maps yesterday by asking "OK Google" to drive to my requested location and it complied. But since the MMI is not a touch screen, it is somewhat awkward to make selections on the Android Auto App using the car's MMI controls (trackpad and dials), which distracts somewhat from your driving. If anyone has tips, please post.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
2017 A6. I almost leased a leftover 2016 but after extensive research, I learned that Android Auto started in the A6 for 2017 models. IIRC, some models started in 2016. I think the Q7 was one of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney