Android auto wish list

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious to see other people would want added (features or apps) to Android auto. Here's my current wishlist:

1. Full music browsing capabilities.
2. Album name text field
3. Fast-forward /rewind songs
4. Menu options on current song to go to the album or artist.
5. Voice navigate to a contact's address

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but that's what I feel it's missing now. What are your wish lists?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm just curious to see other people would want added (features or apps) to Android auto. Here's my current wishlist:

1. Full music browsing capabilities.
2. Album name text field
3. Fast-forward /rewind songs
4. Menu options on current song to go to the album or artist.
5. Voice navigate to a contact's address

Everything you said would make me move completely to Android Auto. Items 1-4 are implemented in the best way possible on the Pioneer software. And because they have physical buttons for FF/RW it translates to the steering wheel buttons nicely.

DrKrizzle

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Waze

Also, speed limits on Google Maps!

An updated list of available voice commands and apps!

Fast forwarding/cue backwards in songs/podcasts.

anon(9446079)

May 10, 2015
Visit site
My Android Auto wishes:
- Much more stabality
- Cosinstent voice search (e.g. for Spotify)
- Official launch in Austria/Europe :-X
- Much more apps! (e.g. Youtube for sound only, OBD app,...)
- Better touch control or cosinstent voice commands (at the moment it only works so-so)
- Better integration of calendar appointmets and navigation (when I have an appointment I want AA to suggest to drive there... for me that doesn't work at the moment)
- Oh... did I mention that it still crashes?

All in all... I love the idea, but the execution is horrific at the moment :(

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Gear S, so a smart watch version of the app would be ideal for me. Many times I don't even take my phone with me since my watch has its own number and also forwards my phone's calls to the watch when I leave it behind. Being able to do everything on my watch hands-free while holding the steering wheel would be amazing.

MushroomHunter

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Support OBDC connections and integrated data from the car system (like Torgue Pro OBD Check).

Allow downloading needed maps and GPM via wifi for when do not have cellular service.

Robert Haynes2

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
For sure allowing other navigation options, especially with offline maps. I've been using the Tom Tom go app for years and still must now use it in my new 2018 Honda minivan. My data plan will be blown on a multi state road trip using Google maps. Both Tom Tom and Sygic report that there's been blockage from Google to integrate with Android Auto. This blockage seems like dejavu when Microsoft was forced to allow the Google search engine.