Display text messages (on screen) & google hangouts

tlmedia00

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello all!

Pioner 8110NEX, with a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. Android Auto is working nicely for navigation, amazon music, pandora, etc.

But I have two questions:
When I receive a new incoming text message, AA displays the sender, and will read it to me. But there's no way to browse old text messages? For example to find a message from earlier today and view or read it?

Also, google hangouts isn't showing up as an app? I have it fully updated, but I can't find existing hangouts. And how do I send a new hangout message?

Thanks!

KRCsimple

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
You cannot see the text on screen, just hear it.

And it usually shows the last text received as a notifcation on the homescreen - and when you tap it AA will read it to you, but won't show the text.

To send a new text you have to do it by voice only. "Send a text to Samantha". Then it'll ask you what text to send. It's effective for short texts.

I'm sure they don't have them show on screen because of the distraction it would cause.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The problem I am having with texts, is that I cannot hear when they come through. It comes up on the screen for a few seconds then goes away. Unless I'm looking at the screen, I would never know I got.

KRCsimple

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
The problem I am having with texts, is that I cannot hear when they come through. It comes up on the screen for a few seconds then goes away. Unless I'm looking at the screen, I would never know I got.

Yeah, that's how mine is as well. Hope they make an update that has a notification tone. You can always take a look at the home screen within Android Auto and it'll show the latest message notification.