Spotify on AA question - find a specific song?

tlmedia00

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I've tested the Spotify (free) app on my Android Auto set up and like it. But if I were to switch to Premium, am I able to search for and play any/artist song? or am I limited to playlists?

For example could I use voice to say a song name?

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I've tested the Spotify (free) app on my Android Auto set up and like it. But if I were to switch to Premium, am I able to search for and play any/artist song? or am I limited to playlists?

For example could I use voice to say a song name?

Yes you can voice a song, but you have to be pretty specific and also list an artist or you may not get what you want. I haven't tried requesting just an artist.

I had some problems with album. I recently tried searching for "the book of Mormon" (the musical) and I had issues finding that particular album.

I think you just have to be very specific with your voice commands for it to work properly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

tlmedia00

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Interesting thanks for the reply! So when I'm inside the Spotify app in AA, I just press the google microphone icon, and search for the song like "Piano Man by Bill Joel"?

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting thanks for the reply! So when I'm inside the Spotify app in AA, I just press the google microphone icon, and search for the song like "Piano Man by Bill Joel"?
Yep. I always say "play" before the music request, but I don't know if it's really necessary.

A weird quirk that I have noticed is that sometimes it will switch to Google music after requesting a song even if you're in Spotify. So sometimes I'll say "play piano man by Billy Joel in spotify" to make sure it plays in the right app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci