New Pioneer firmware update v1.05x

Fedway

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Pioneer firmware update v1.5x

Thanks, Phil. Have you noticed any changes in operation or the UI in v1.05?

psklenar

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I see the 1.05 update instructions specify USB1 only. The instructions for updating from 1.01 to 1.03 specified either USB1 or SD Card and I used the SD Card (nice to not have to dig into the dash). Can the SD Card be used for the 1.05 update as well? Or must we use USB1?

I *have* submitted a query to Pioneer support, but thought I'd ask here as well. :)

Thank you,
pat----

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I see the 1.05 update instructions specify USB1 only. The instructions for updating from 1.01 to 1.03 specified either USB1 or SD Card and I used the SD Card (nice to not have to dig into the dash). Can the SD Card be used for the 1.05 update as well? Or must we use USB1?

I *have* submitted a query to Pioneer support, but thought I'd ask here as well. :)

Thank you,
pat----

SD card works fine. (And because Android Auto only works in USB2 and I don't have anything in USB1, it's how I have to update.)

daerik

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

Thank you,
pat----

I just updated mine this morning with an SD card.

OliverK

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Phil - Can you reach out to Pioneer to find if this update is coming to the the AVIC models in the rest of the world.

Currently they are on 1.03 just like the NEX models were.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed some strange USB port behavior since this firmware update? I usually have my iPod running alongside Android Auto in my 8100NEX. If I play (for example) one of my downloaded podcasts from my phone, and want to switch back, all I would do was go back into the Pioneer interface and select iPod 1 and it would resume. Now, when I do this, the iPod is stuck on "Ready", unless I unplug the phone and audio resumes. It feels as if the audio resource now needs to be freed if you run audio from the Android Auto interface now.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed some strange USB port behavior since this firmware update? I usually have my iPod running alongside Android Auto in my 8100NEX. If I play (for example) one of my downloaded podcasts from my phone, and want to switch back, all I would do was go back into the Pioneer interface and select iPod 1 and it would resume. Now, when I do this, the iPod is stuck on "Ready", unless I unplug the phone and audio resumes. It feels as if the audio resource now needs to be freed if you run audio from the Android Auto interface now.

After further review, I believe this is now a new "feature" of the Android Auto app.
I "downgraded" the firmware back to 1.03 and the behavior persisted.
There are a lot of things about the latest version of AA that leave much to be desired, chief among them the resume behavior/omission of the "pause" function.

Thankfully, the LG V10 works way better with Android Auto (as far as booting up) than the Galaxy S5 ever did.

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
There are two parts to this update: head unit firmware and Bluetooth software. Firmware update went fine, but I did not get an indication that the BT update was working and the version did not update to HW01-SW03.41.11. There was no error message displayed. Have others had success doing the BT update?

billfromgolden

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same BT update issue too. No error message, saying update is complete, but it doesn't show that it is running the new BT (xx3.41.11) firmware.

Rudurk

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Phil - Can you reach out to Pioneer to find if this update is coming to the the AVIC models in the rest of the world.

Currently they are on 1.03 just like the NEX models were.

www|pioneer-car|eu|uk/avicsync

Sorry it seems am not allowed to post links yet. I hope I don't get banned am just helping out.
I found it just this morning... I did the update to my AVIC-F77DAB... updated just fine.
I have not seen any difference to Android Auto... I'd like to know exactly what this update improves in AA.

I do hope I see less or even better none of the Android Auto cannot be started error.

Bradley Hallam

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
www|pioneer-car|eu|uk/avicsync

Sorry it seems am not allowed to post links yet. I hope I don't get banned am just helping out.
I found it just this morning... I did the update to my AVIC-F77DAB... updated just fine.
I have not seen any difference to Android Auto... I'd like to know exactly what this update improves in AA.

I do hope I see less or even better none of the Android Auto cannot be started error.

Why not say where you got the update from, 4 days since I asked the question and no response?

Rudurk

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Why not say where you got the update from, 4 days since I asked the question and no response?

The link is where i got the update from. Am Sorry for the delayed response, but i don't come on here all that often, and to answer your query about 77DAB not having a update thats true, if you went looking for the update on the official F77DAB it will still only have 1.03.. but if you went on the link i sent.. it should clearly say that the update is indeed for F77DAB

Rudurk

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

The link is where i got the update from. Am Sorry for the delayed response, but i don't come on here all that often, and to answer your query about 77DAB not having a update thats true, if you went looking for the update on the official F77DAB it will still only have 1.03.. but if you went on the link i sent.. it should clearly say that the update is indeed for F77DAB

pioneer-car.eu/uk/avicsync

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia