SEAT Media System Plus and LG Magna - Android Auto requirements?

A

AC Question

SEAT Media System Plus and LG Magna - Android Auto requirements

Hi all,
I have a SEAT Ibiza with the Media System Plus as the head unit and a LG Magna (H500F) running Android 5.0.1 as the phone. The head unit of the car supports Android Auto. My phone supports Android auto too. When i try to connect the phone to the system android auto starts (the phone's screen goes black with the white android auto logo on it, the phone's contact list is moved to the head unit and the phone is connected to the car by bluetooth) but the screen of the head unit of the car is black and doesn't show the android auto UI. I can't understand if it is a phone issue or a car's head unit issue. I've tried with two others phones (Samsung running android lollipop) and they both works.
Have you ever experienced this issue? It seems that the phone is not able to mirror the screen to the head unit, isn't it? Just to be sure, can you confirm me that Android auto does not require MirrorLink?
Thank you
Claudio

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: SEAT Media System Plus and LG Magna - Android Auto requirements

Hi all,
I have a SEAT Ibiza with the Media System Plus as the head unit and a LG Magna (H500F) running Android 5.0.1 as the phone. The head unit of the car supports Android Auto. My phone supports Android auto too. When i try to connect the phone to the system android auto starts (the phone's screen goes black with the white android auto logo on it, the phone's contact list is moved to the head unit and the phone is connected to the car by bluetooth) but the screen of the head unit of the car is black and doesn't show the android auto UI. I can't understand if it is a phone issue or a car's head unit issue. I've tried with two others phones (Samsung running android lollipop) and they both works.
Have you ever experienced this issue? It seems that the phone is not able to mirror the screen to the head unit, isn't it? Just to be sure, can you confirm me that Android auto does not require MirrorLink?
Thank you
Claudio

Welcome to Android Central!

I believe Android Auto requires the phone to have mirrorlink.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: SEAT Media System Plus and LG Magna - Android Auto requirements

Mirrorlink has nothing to do with Android Auto.

Antachan

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue in my new seat ibiza. Android auto starts but the head unit doesn't show anything in the screen. I can't figure out what's happening. My smartphone runs Lollipop 5.1.

Any clue to solve this issue?

Thanks and kind regards.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke