Kenwood 9902s

variab1e

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey all-

For those owning the Kenwood 9902s head unit I was wondering how the performance / stability was these days? I know initially it had a few kinks in the software, but have those been worked out? Just wondering general impressions and usability at this point in time?

Thanks!

XTF Jimbo

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi variab1e. I just installed one and updated the firmware. So far on my Galaxy S6 I love it with one exception: I am getting no notification audio. So when a text or phone call comes in, unless I am looking at the radio, I don't know it. No alert sound or anything. All other audio works perfectly.

The navigation, voice prompts, and music works great. It is so nice having that type of control without looking at my phone.

Sorry to say, if I can't get that one issue resolved, its going back.

HTH,
James

bpryde

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I gave same setup (9902s) with Note edge and wifes s6. Never noticed your issue but with all the reading i am seeing huge android auto updates in March with the google io event. Could be solved.

XTF Jimbo

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I gave same setup (9902s) with Note edge and wifes s6. Never noticed your issue but with all the reading i am seeing huge android auto updates in March with the google io event. Could be solved.

Thanks for letting me know.

Perhaps a phone and radio reset is in my future.... Maybe I'll see if I can get the audio working then install my apps a few at a time and see if anything breaks it.

Thanks,
James

Jake Kohl

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine today, i can't get my s5 to get out of the parking brake screen. It's very annoying

I have a 9702S and S5 - and if you are talking about the default AA splash screen that appears to lock your phone down, just unlock your phone (to where you are now seeing the AA screen), tap the app switcher soft button, and then the home button. That will take you to your home screen and remove the AA splash screen lock. You can use everything on your phone with the exception of google maps while AA is still connected and active.

I use this to run Waze in the background to get the waze notifications by voice through AA.

Crwdog

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a 9702S and S5 - and if you are talking about the default AA splash screen that appears to lock your phone down, just unlock your phone (to where you are now seeing the AA screen), tap the app switcher soft button, and then the home button. That will take you to your home screen and remove the AA splash screen lock. You can use everything on your phone with the exception of google maps.
Thanks Jake. I appreciate the help. I just figured the dang AA stuff. It's working great for me no issues. Other then the AA lock Screen but i can just hit my App switch button and i can get out of AA lock. I'm actually digging it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34