Any way to use Bluetooth Ear Piece for Phone calls?

jbrintnell

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
I recently picked up a Pioneer AVH4100NEX for the primary purpose of being able to have google maps display on the radio. My vehicle's drive noise is too high to use the radio and speakers for phone calls. Is there any way to force the phone to keep using my Bluetooth? I've tried unpairing the radio, as well as forcing my ear piece to be set for phone calls, but it switches back to the radio immediately. Is there a work around? Surely I can't be the only one who doesn't want to use the radio as a phone?

dec

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I've NOT tried, but after reading your post here are couple thoughts:
- on phone disconnect NEX from BT (assuming you are connected via USB), then chose BT headset (if it allows you to do so)[on Marshmallow I still have ability to get to the pull-down menu while AA is running]
- on NEX disconnect BT connection, then chose BT headset on phone
- get a better MIC. I've read where some of the NEX have the ability to get a tunable MIC (sorry I forget the tech term)
- bigger project, but you could use a chromecast connection (via HDMI input) and cast the screen w/o going through AA
- lastly, re positioning the MIC might 'help', but I assume you already tried that [I drive a '03 Dodge 2500 and was very surprised that I can use the stock MIC that came with the 7100/NEX at highway speeds . . . callers have said they can tell its on speaker, but no problem hearing me . . . I mention this, because maybe the MICs are different???]

Keep us posted on what you find out ~

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084