Image Button

daerik

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm assuming you're talking about the settings. If you attach a readable memory device (USB Thumb Drive, SD Card..etc) with images on it, you can essentially copy them over to AA so that you can set a custom load/home screen.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It actually isn't in the settings, it's on the main screen. When I plug the phone in, the android auto lights up on the screen in the car, but the image button still stays dark. I've tried having gallery opened up when I plug the phone in, that doesn't work. I'll have to find a thumb drive and try it. Thx.

UPDATE:
Ok, so I plugged in the usb stick with some pics, and I was able to access them via the image button. But there's no way to set that picture as any kind of wallpaper. I could slideshow them with the usb stick in, but as soon as the stick is pulled, poof! Yeah, it's kind of neat to be able to see pics on the display, but isn't that A) Useless as tits on a bull, and B) counter productive for safety?

Last edited:

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm assuming you're talking about functions on your head unit, not Android Auto which is software running on your phone and projecting on your head unit. I don't know of any image button that is part of Android Auto.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there's an image button on the head unit. I'll take a pic later and post it here. Maybe my version of AA in the car may be different? . It's a brand new 2017 elantra.

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
You should check your owners manual for info on what this icon does. It is not part of Android Auto, it is a feature of Hyundai's infotainment system.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22