Verizon Galaxy S7 NOT working with Android Auto ...

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Now that we're allowed to talk about things ... I've yet to get the Verizon Galaxy S7 to connect with Android Auto. Not sure if it's a VZW connection thing (they have that damned "connect as installer" crap going on) or if it's like with the GS6 a year ago and things are just kinda wonky for a while.

All I get on my Pioneer 4100 once the AA app kicks on (I have to manually switch to something other than the pure "charging" mode) is "ERROR."

Will advise.

lfaitas

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I also have a galaxy S7 european version and its not working with my Pioneer AVH-X8700BT either.
I tried both the Android Auto and the Mirrorlink option but none work.
I also have an iphone 6s and it works fine with the same system.
When i connect the s7 i get all sorts of errors. I can see that the android auto app starts in the background but nothing happens.. when i disconnect the cable and start the android app from the phone i get a crash report.
I tried restarting both devices and tried with a samsung galaxy s6 but same problem.

daerik

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I am connecting a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935T) on a T-Mobile Network to an AVH-4100NEX (1.053) in a 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis. I can confirm that my connection was successful and I was able to use Google Maps, Spotify, and BeyondPod without error. Something different that I noticed with this phone was that I had to set a default setting the first time I plugged it into a computer, which I did prior to plugging it into my head unit. After plugging into my head unit, I had to press "Accept" on about 6 different permissions from phone logs, to messages, to media. Please note: I have USB Debugging turned on.

Let me know if you have questions,
Daerik

allen832008

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Phil, I have been playing with this and was able to get Auto working on the Verizon SG7 by choosing MTP Media connection from notification tray. It's frustrating to have to do this every time the phone is connected, but this worked for me on multiple occasions today.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Sprint S7e here, auto connects smoothly to my Pioneer 8100nex, after the initial setup and giving several permissions, its been smooth sailing

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all the connection settings from my VZW S7 when connected to my 4100NEX and all I get is a black screen. Once I did get the terms agreement, but none of the on screen buttons worked... Had my S6 still with me and loaded right up. Not sure if phone itself and/or Marshmallow.

Scott Brown15

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Having the same issue with my S7edge too. Was trying again this morning and got the error message the AA couldn't connect now....Tried restarting phone and got the same error message. Have tried all of the advice above with no success. I have a 4100NEX.

Olytechy

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm Having the same issue, S7 Edge on Verizon

When I connect my phone to my NEX-4100 nothing happens, if I go to "Mobile Hotspot and Tethering" and I click "USB tethering" it quickly loads android auto and one of a few things happens. I get the typical "Android Auto Can't Connect" or a few times I tried I just got a black screen.

I previously had the S6 Edge on TMobile with no issues. Very frustrated with my switch to Verizon so far...

vandeec5

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the Pioneer Nex-4100. I've upgraded from ATT S6 to Verizon S7 and was able to get Android Auto to work on my Subaru. At first it didn't work but I did the following to get it to work.
1. I've enabled "Developer Options"
2. In the Developers Option under the USB Configuration options, I changed it from charging to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).

The only downside is that if I need to use Android Auto, I will keep having to repeat step #2.

pakistone24

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I've t-mobile galaxy s7 edge and Honda Accord and was having same problems but didn't have any problems with gs6. USB debugging didn't help but I played with car system and it worked.

After your phone is connected, In the car system go to settings, smartphone, Android auto, there you'll have all prior connected devices as well as an "unknown device" tap on that and make sure it is "enabled".

Make sure phone's also connected through bluetooth. Hopefully that helps

Olytechy

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I just tried this and it doesn't work for me. When I changed USB Configuration Options to MTP, the phone flickers and loads android auto, but then the head unit seems to freeze loading Android Auto and I notice the settings for USB Configuration reset back to default.

I tried this over and over and got the screen to show up where I need to click to agree to use the Android Auto, but it was frozen and not responsive.

Seems like this setting allows the phone to send just enough data to start the loading process on the deck, then it just locks up.

So overall this solution isn't working for me...

Hope they have an update soon.

Mike

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Upon my very first connection, it wouldn't work but I think once Google Plap Services updated it's been fine. I'm not sure because that's how quickly the problem cleared up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Olytechy

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I had this exact same screen before, I also had it show the entire "click ok to continue" screen as well, just it was locked up so I couldn't click ok.

So far no solution is working for me.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
are you guys using really long cables? I found my issue was a long usb extension cable, I eliminated it and I'm good now

Olytechy

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a 3' extension behind the dash and then using the stock cable in the front. So not that long overall.

I would take the unit out and test the stock cable directly into the back of the head unit but that is just a ton of work... That will be more of a last resort thing to try.

Mike

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3' extension behind the dash and then using the stock cable in the front. So not that long overall.

I would take the unit out and test the stock cable directly into the back of the head unit but that is just a ton of work... That will be more of a last resort thing to try.

Mike
give it a try man, the S7 is finicky with cable choice and length......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1