I just got a dealer update for my Chevy Mylink 8 inch screen for Android Auto....One problem I'm having, among many is that not all my apps that are supposed to be Android Auto compatible are showing up on the screen. Any suggestions?
    03-23-2016 10:07 AM
    One kind of sweeping solution that I have seen floated by Google on their Android Auto twitter help is to wipe the cache of the AA app on your phone. I've seen that suggested many times for a range of issues so it might be something to try, along with possibly even uninstalled and reinstalled AA on your phone.
    03-24-2016 09:55 AM
    2016 Canyon and Nexus 6P. Just got the IntelliLink upgrade, supposedly. Nothing appears when I connect my phone. Tried A to C cable in the Nexus box and a third party cable. USB debugging on and off. Uninstalled and reinstalled AA app. Phone charges, but neither phone nor HU detect each other. In IntelliLink, is there supposed to be a setting for Android Auto like there is for CarPlay? Might help in determining if the dealer borked the upgrade.
    03-30-2016 09:31 AM
    Claytondus - I have a Sierra with the same system. Had to turn on USB Tethering on my Note 5 for it to recognize my phone. Very annoying as I have to do this everytime in order for the system to see my phone.
    03-30-2016 12:03 PM
    I'll try USB tethering, but can you tell me if the IntelliLink upgrade added a setting menu for Android Auto? I still think they didn't do the upgrade right. I successfully connected to the DHU, so the phone and cable are not the problem in themselves.
    03-30-2016 04:34 PM
    I Totally agree! Every time I plug in my phone when I get into the car I have to then swipe down from the top and choose a different connection method for the car to recognize AA because Marshmallow defaults to USB charging. It's soooo irritating! Why can't we choose a default connection method?! I'm actually using AA less because I'm sick of having to plug it in and change the connection method everytime.
    03-31-2016 10:15 AM
    I'll try USB tethering, but can you tell me if the IntelliLink upgrade added a setting menu for Android Auto? I still think they didn't do the upgrade right. I successfully connected to the DHU, so the phone and cable are not the problem in themselves.
    With nothing connected you should now see a "projection" app. That app will change to Android Auto or Car Play depending on which device is plugged in. If you don't see that icon, they they didn't do it right.
    04-05-2016 12:48 PM
    Sorry for the late response. I can't remember where I went in the menu settings but there is a spot where Android Auto shows up (above or below) Apply Car Play. bbarend is right, once you have the phone connected and USB tethering set you should see Android Auto where the Projection icon was.
    04-06-2016 12:10 PM
    How did you all get notified about the update availability? I have a 2016 Silverado and when I ask my dealer I just get a blank stare...
    04-06-2016 01:57 PM