android auto not working with Galaxy s6!!!! help!!!!!

A

AC Question

hi i purchased a 4100nex pioneer head unit about 2 months ago. i updated it to 1.05 and android auto didn start working. my phone just updated to marshmellow and still its not working. i plug it in and it just says incompatible device. everything i read says that everyon elses galaxy s6 works. its been like this for 2 months. bluetooth works fine. and yes i have the phone set to media transfer and yes its set for android auto not applecarplay. any help would be appreciated.

esalter

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
my Android Auto was pre-installed in my just purchased 2016 Hyundai Sonata. Nothing I tried worked, until I called Hyundai customer support and the tech told me first - try the USB cable that came with the phone and set it to media transfer rather than charge. Apparently, a lot of generic charging cables will charge the phone, but not work with Android Auto.

mike1sc

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
There are some ongoing issues between Samsung and Android Auto after the marshmallow rollout. I have a Samsung S6 and I can tell you mine does not work since the rollout. It appears the powers to be are admitting there are issues. I guess that is part of the solution to have someone actually admit there is something wrong. Now if we could just get them to fix it.....

DrKrizzle

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
@mike1sc, after you connect, swipe down and find the notification that states USB connection charging only, select it and change to Media Transfer Protocol. It should work for you.

mike1sc

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I think that is the issue I am having. I can't find that notification since 2 or 3 days after the marshmallow update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03