AA wants Google app installation before working

rdoss

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I hope someone one has come across the same issue that I have today. I got a 2016 Honda Civic a couple weeks ago and Android Auto has worked fine until this afternoon. I drove to work this morning and AA worked perfectly but when I plugged my Nexus 6 (running Android 6.0.1) in this afternoon, I got a message on the in dash display that said "When safe, please check the smartphone." So I unlocked my phone and see a screen that says "Download apps It may take a few minute to download and update your apps". If I click next button the screen then says "Checking for and Installing updates..." after that I get a message that says " "Google" is already installed on this device. If additional support is needed get help troubleshooting (Error Code:-1)."

If i click cancel on the first screen i get a message that says "Something went wrong To use Andoid Auto, first download these apps to your phone, Android Auto, Google Maps, Google Play Music, Google App.

I don't recall anything updating during the day. I did have some Google apps that needed to be updated but after updating them I still receive this message. After updating those app, I've also uninstalled the Android Auto app and reinstalled it. I rebooted my phone a few times too but this issue still persists. I've attached screen shots of all the error messages I mentioned. If anyone has come across something similar you help would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• First Screen.jpg
    First Screen.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Second Screen.jpg
    Second Screen.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Third Screen.jpg
    Third Screen.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 17
  • cancel screen.jpg
    cancel screen.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 17

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem last night after factory resetting my S6 due to other AA issues with my VW golf. I managed to get it working by rebooting the phone, open google play music and maps... I think the latest google app update messed some things up.

Posted via the Android Central App

fragilemn

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Sheesh everytime you turn around , something else goes wrong because of some update. Perhaps the auto manufacturers should have a caveat on their window stickers where it lists the features. next Android Auto, which says "may or may not work on any given day".

Yinzer1

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I just started to have the same issues as you. Worked great, now connection issues. Same notifications as you. Frustrating - there has to be a fix without a factory reset.Screenshot_2016-04-17-19-02-53.jpgScreenshot_2016-04-17-19-11-37.jpg

jtburke2103

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem with my 2016 Honda Accord. I even tried uninstalling the latest Google update and allowing Android Auto to update it. But then I end up in an endless update. Very frustrating!

fragilemn

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
My Nexus 5 is all up to date with the latest updates/apps and I didn't encounter this problem on a long road trip this last weekend.

rdoss

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
So mine started working again the day after making this forum post. The only thing I did was free up disk space. I do not feel like freeing up more disk space is what resolved the issue. I had 5 GB free on my Nexus 6 when it stopped working. That should have been enough free space to do whatever it needed to do. I deleted 5 GB of videos/pictures that night to give me 10 GB of free disk space and the next day it was working again. When I plugged the Nexus 6 into my car next day it did not try to check for and install any updates. As far as I could tell no apps updated over the night either. Sorry I don't have an actual solution to this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton