HTC 10 WORKS with Android Auto!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Good news for those of you hoping run the HTC 10 with Android Auto. It works!

I had issues at first, but now it works just fine. Plug in and go. Not sure what changed, but also not going to worry about it. :p

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site

I had issues at first, but now it works just fine. Plug in and go. Not sure what changed, but also not going to worry about it. :p

Did you keep your original cable or swap out for a USB type C?

Posted via the Android Central App

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site

What were the original issues? Just curious if it's similar to my M8. Glad to see they've been corrected however it did happen!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
What were the original issues? Just curious if it's similar to my M8. Glad to see they've been corrected however it did happen!

No idea. Could have been a lot of things — and I had other folks tell me weeks ago that AA worked fine for them on the M10. So basically don't worry about it. (I just wanted to err on the side of being overly transparent there.)

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Wish I knew what they did to the HTC 10 to get it to work. I have an HTC M9 and AA stop working on my Hyundai Sonata when Marshmallow downloaded. I've been talking to HTC, Google and Hyundai. Hyundai is absolutely clueless. Everyone else is fingerpointing. All of the suggested fixes haven't worked.

He Chen

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a HTC 10 Running 6.0.1 and a 8100NEX running 1.05 firmware. The app would start on the head unit and shows connected and everything, but it would freeze after a few seconds, sometimes a black screen. The rest of the head unit functions work normally.

I've tried:
-emptied cache partition
-resetting my phone twice through bootloader
- turn on developer option of USB debug and USB as MTP
-gone back to 2 of the older firmwares for the 8100NEX 1.01 and 1.03
-tried a Galaxy S7 with 6.0.1 didn't work
-it works for my old z3 with 5.0.1 and my old Moto G with 6.0

Called HTC, but they don't know what's wrong :(

He Chen

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Apologies for the confusion, and confirmed HTC 10 running 6.0.1 works with Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX on 1.05 firmware and 2016 Civic.

I was out of ideas, even went to try out cars with Android Auto from manufacturer, and those all work. Turns out 6.0.1 is REALLY picky about cables, which I had it going through a USB-Aux retention cable. Though it works for 5.0.2 and 6.0 with the AXXESS AX-SUBUSB retention cable. I finally tore things open and plugged it in the cable directly to the back of the unit and it WORKED! O:)

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried the HTC 10 in my Elantra and it asks me how to handle the USB connection then throws up a dialog box which after click 'yes' allows AA to start. Similar to how the S7 was handling AA. Disappointed... back to the 6P.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried the HTC 10 in my Elantra and it asks me how to handle the USB connection then throws up a dialog box which after click 'yes' allows AA to start. Similar to how the S7 was handling AA. Disappointed... back to the 6P.

I got the same box and hit cancel. AA worked flawlessly after that. Extremely happy to get AA back!

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the same box and hit cancel. AA worked flawlessly after that. Extremely happy to get AA back!

Weird, mine kept popping up that dialog box each time. I returned it because I got fedup. Probably should have just factory restored it.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Trying the HTC 10 again, this time the T-Mobile version and I'm still getting these pesky pop-ups. Might just go back to the Nexus 6P.

Andischatz

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
And ... suddenly my M10 is no longer working with Android Auto.

Anyone else?

My HTC 10 works with Android Auto, as long as I don't enter navigation mode. There, it displays a very strange, "zoomed-in" version of the map (just a bit of road and a huge arrow symbol), with clock, battery and reception displayed in a huge font as well. Completely unusable. No way to zoom out, either. Same effect in two different cars, so must be a problem with the phone. Anyone have an idea? I can provide a photo of the screen, if necessary.

osho841

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have an HTC 10 and when i use the navigation mode in Android Auto it seems to display fine on the NEX 4100. Which head unit do you have?

One-Note Pony

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
My HTC 10 works with Android Auto, as long as I don't enter navigation mode. There, it displays a very strange, "zoomed-in" version of the map (just a bit of road and a huge arrow symbol), with clock, battery and reception displayed in a huge font as well.

I had the same problem. Are you using any software that interferes with the native resolution of the phone? I had the built-in "Boost +" app configured to work with Google Maps to save battery life when I was using it on a motorcycle. As soon as I turned it off for Maps the navigation display looked normal. I'm posting this in the interest of saving someone else a bit of frustration...hope this helps.

EDIT: I see you posted in another thread that an uninstall/reinstall worked. This should also work for any other user having an issue due to Boost+ or a similar app, because if you reinstall an app the Boost+ switch for that app goes back to off.

Last edited:

osho841

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Has ayone run into the problem with android auto not umuting the music or other media after answering a question? Like if i ask it what the weather is, it answers fine but then doesn't unmute the music after it is done answering.

variableresults

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I've never used Boost+ but have the same problem; the navigation screen is super-zoomed-in and refuses to actually navigate anywhere with voice nav. This happened after the latest HTC 10 update.

I checked Boost+ to be sure, but it's not managing any apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy