Me? Pocket Casts. Period.

Better controls. Better syncing. Better, well, everything.

What's everyone else using?
    05-26-2016 10:25 AM
    Me? Pocket Casts. Period.

Better controls. Better syncing. Better, well, everything.

What's everyone else using?
    Same here.
    05-26-2016 10:29 AM
    AntennaPod. A bit slow in setting up, but as good as any.
    05-26-2016 03:42 PM
    Pocket Casts. I do wish there was a way to completely restart an episode while in Android Auto.
    05-26-2016 04:17 PM
    Pocket Casts for me as well.

I had used Beyond Pod for many, many years on my phones, but they did a major "update" a few years ago, which many people disliked. I kept the old version, and it was great. But for Android Audio compatibility, I had to do the update, and it was a mess. So incredibly frustrating.

Pocket Casts couldn't be simpler, both on my phone, and in the car.

One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to "reset" individual Podcasts that are shown as "In Progress." Sometimes when scrolling through podcasts on the car, to decide which to listen to (me or my wife in the car), one will accidentally get selected, and stays in the "In Progress" section. No big deal, but it would be nice to unflag these, and have them show only in the "Downloaded Podcasts."

One cool thing I just used yesterday was using Voice command with it: "Play 'Wait, Wait, Don't tell me' on Pocket Casts. It took a few seconds, but then started playing it! Given the limitations that Android Audio imposes on scrolling, this can really come in handy!
    05-30-2016 06:31 AM
    Player.FM mostly and I have been trying out Google Play Music

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-30-2016 06:52 AM
    I use Pocket Casts as well but I really wish they had the ability to have independent update intervals for each episode filter. Podcast updates are the number one data usage on my phone by a long shot. I have two hourly news updates that I listen to throughout the day and if I set my update setting to automatically download these then it ends up checking the status of every other podcast I have a subscription to and over the course of a month all of that checking really adds up. I hate the idea that I am checking the status of a podcast every hour that I know is only updated monthly and contained in a separate episode filter.

I stayed with BeyondPod just because of this but BeyondPod does not work with Android auto for me for a while. The podcast selection screen within Android auto flickers constantly. They didn't respond to my bug report and the updates on the app appear to have gone pretty stale.

Anyone know of another podcast app that I could try that is as good as Pocket Casts but also includes the ability define podcast categories and then update those categories on their own individual schedules? Doggcatcher has this on their feature road map but it is listed on their timeline as not dated which is a good sign because they have dates assigned to upcoming features up to a year out.
    05-30-2016 10:44 AM
    I am using Podcast Addict.
    It's free and works fine for me. I am not a heavy user though in regards to podcasts. That's why I preferred a free version that works with Android Auto.
    05-31-2016 04:43 AM
    I also use podcast addict. It is very customizable and works well with AA. I use it daily in my car.
    05-31-2016 10:50 AM